Peregrine Fledgling

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I heard yesterday that 3 of the 4 Peregrines had fledged the nest, the last little girl should leave any day now. I took a run over to see but although the sun was shining the tree canopy was extensive and i had to shoot at around 1000-1600 ISO at 1/250th/ sec just to get a pic off, added to that the fledglings never came close and i had to crop a large amount. Due to this the pics arent great but its my last of these guys/girls for this year so thought i would post them anyway.

Is this the bravest Robin in the world-
DSC_4287_filtered.jpg

DSC_4165_filtered.jpg

DSC_4307_filtered.jpg

DSC_4001_filtered.jpg

DSC_4049_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
I really like these shots Mark, clean background, nicely framed and plenty of feather detail and colour

Always nice to see successful young and adults Mark. Don`t beat yourself up about the images, they are pretty good considering the distance you are away from the subject.............(y)

Cheers Frac, just glad that they have all been successful so far.We are now starting the dangerous period where they arent monitored and can come into all sorts of danger.One thing noted that the female has been bringing in someones racing pigeons as the main part of the diet for the past 4 days and im sure whoever owns the pigeons wont be to happy. It was fine whilst she was on the nest as the male was bringing smaller birds like juv. starlings. The young consist of 3 females and one male--i really pitty the local pigeon population in the coming few weeks.

Nice to se some making it our local ones got poisioned!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a reward but i DONT hold out ant hope...

Nice images by the way...

MD

Mark, there is a nest down here and all I have EVER seen being brought in are racing pigeons and the odd rabbit..............Plenty of pigeons to go around........;)

I'd sure he happy with those shots - well done.

Back