Perfect Unforgettable Passwords.

If not using a password safe (I do), we recommend at work simply choosing a sentence you'll remember, a song lyric for example, and using then first characters. So, the first line of Harry potter for example. M&MDon4PDwvptsttwpntyvm.

I train charity workers though, and so often no passwords saved or on post-its is a win. :)

Steve
That song thing rings a bell. Hasn’t it already fallen foul of hackers because so many people (in S Korea I think) choose the same song? However, it’s better than nothing but personally I would have difficulty in typing “M&MDon4PDwvptsttwpntyvm” accurately — I tend to mis-key and know I’ve done it usually but it’s difficult to check back in password boxes:(. I’ll just stick with 1Password.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed this thread, but it's a little 'deep' for my small brain :confused:

I have my own way of building passwords, for example, if my pass word for this site was 'Talk Photography', which it isn't.

I would change characters like so 'T41kPh0T0gR4phY'

Relatively easy to recall, and some of my pass words are 10 words in length.
Sorry but T41kPh0T0gR4phY is no better than TalkPhotography since you and about a billion others use exactly the same substitutions and so it is susceptible to a simple dictionary attack.

That song thing rings a bell. Hasn’t it already fallen foul of hackers because so many people (in S Korea I think)

I hadn't heard that, but it sounds right! I bet we could all guess the top 10 song lines. :)

I use a password safe too, but my password safe PW is a line from a book, and very hard to fathom. It took me a day or two to get used to the 25 assorted characters (using it maybe 10-15 times a day), but now it flows out very easily and quickly. We also tend to go for long, strong and almost never changed, so once you get used to one...

I suppose it's also a matter of balance. Our system bans the 500 most frequently used passwords (or ones that contain them), and it's shocking how many people fall foul of them. If nothing else it stops people using Kangaroo12, or m0nkey33!

Im really annoyed by the OP.
I typed “I love Gerbils” into my computer and ended up with 250 hours community service and entered onto the sex offenders register.

BRILLIANT! - Are you into that as well? :LOL:

Sorry but T41kPh0T0gR4phY is no better than TalkPhotography since you an

It surprised me when I realised that when we try to think of something unusual, clever or original, we often tend to think of the same original, unsusual or clever thing everyone else does. Perhaps it shouldn't have...

Back