Permajet Oyster vs Ultra Pearl

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone, I've got a quick question.

I use Oyster paper for my A4 and A3 prints but I need to buy some roll paper for a few prints I need to make. I'm looking at maybe buying ultra pearl as it's a thicker paper and the write up says it's suitable for commercial work with deep blacks etc.

Before I go ahead and purchase it, has anyone used PermaJet Ultra Pearl and can give a first hand review please.

Thanks.

Do Permajet still do test packs? If not, maybe there's a (relatively!) cheap pack of the ultra pearl to use as test prints before possibly splashing out on a roll.

Thanks Nod, I asked this also on my FB and a friend said the same thing. Then I remembered I had said sample pack here!! Ultra Pearl, a paper I don't like too much from the feel and finish, I'll stick with Oyster! In fact, I ended up buying some Marrutt Satin after my friend recommended it! Less than Oyster delivered and 14m instead of 10m. Reviews look good for it, and they'll be sending me a custom ICC profile so hopefully happy days

• Haha
Reactions: Nod
Oyster is quite cheap and thinner than average RC paper. It is the budget range. Pearl is one step up from that. But personally I'd look at Canson Baryta or at least the innova version of the same if you have well paying orders.

Back