Personal settings user defined 400D

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all in the user defined settings there are three styles to save,

any advice on what Basic settings i would need for

1, macro
2, portrate
3, landscape

and i could twiddle from there, i know it depends on the circumstances of the shot but a basic set up would help, in say P,TV,AV,M,A-DEP,

Many thanks Mark.

I dont think there is anyway to store that kind of information. To be honest its not one setting for eaach type you mentioned. It varies from picture to picture etc...
If you are wanting a general setting guide then there is quite a good book that helped me - its called Understanding exposue and gives examples of settings in differnet situations.

Hi i found it on page 81 of the canon manual "defining a new picture style"

so i could store portrait with flash, or a landscape , or macro shot, because mt brain will not function that quick "the meds you know" i was thinking of pre setting the most obvious ones, eg portrait f/7.1, SS 1/200sec, ISO 100, white balance, then for landscape, but not sure if the portrait one is right,

Regards Mark the :thinking:

i think the picture style is for how it would turn out in jpeg straight from the camera.I think the settings are:

brigtness
contrast
sharpness

and maybe another one.

picture styles adjust in camera saturation, contrast and sharpness for jpg images (not RAW)

the 40D has 3 custom settings which stores all the information - exposure mode, shutter or aperture, iso, af modes, drive mode and so on. 3 user defined modes.

Back