Personalised (photo) door mats ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone had one done, or seen any that look good ?

Myphotobook do some but they offer delivery in a month, which seems rather slow to me...

https://www.myphotobook.co.uk/gifts...p3-dAZH9CMNi0BxedAOBg7hgWqo44z5MaAn-9EALw_wcB

I want one for a house rather than a logo mat for a shop, so roughly 600mmx1000mm, and thin, not a coir mat.
I assume that the best images would be simple graphic pictures rather than anything too detailed but any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated - thanks !

Last edited:
The quality of those mats you've linked will be pretty poor. Not necessarily the print but the pile of the mat will wear quickly.

They are also loose mats that lay on top of your existing floor covering and by the look of them will ruck up.

What do you have down in your hall, carpet or wood for example?

It may be possible to create a mat well so you could use a better quality like coir or needle punch and then it will stay put and you can run the hoover straight over it.

The quality of those mats you've linked will be pretty poor. Not necessarily the print but the pile of the mat will wear quickly.

They are also loose mats that lay on top of your existing floor covering and by the look of them will ruck up.

What do you have down in your hall, carpet or wood for example?

It may be possible to create a mat well so you could use a better quality like coir or needle punch and then it will stay put and you can run the hoover straight over it.

Thanks for the reply Craig - OK, the floor is vinyl, so the mat will sit on top, and wear isn't a problem. Currently there is a mat which has a rubber back so while it moves a little, it isn't an issue.
Very important is that it must be thin, which is why coir is out of the question - I don't know what needle punch is, but if it means a mat of more than about 6-8mm then that's out too....

Finally, who mentioned hoovering...??

Back