Perspex/Acrylic Sheet size?

Edit My Images
No
Looking at getting a perspex sheet on the floor for the lovely reflections. But my god are they expensive.

Maximum size I could get due to storage space is 4' x 6' but off the top of my head I think 4' x 5' should be about the right size for one model...or could I go smaller? I really don't know what size I would need so am just taking an educated guess...but due to the cost of these things I'd rather get the smallest I could get away with.

Even for a piece that size I wouldn't get much change out of £50 delivered...quite a lot for a piece of plastic I think! I reckon I could save some money by getting two smaller pieces and laying them next to each other, however would the seem between them show up? Will they slide apart on muslin and is there anyway to stop this?

I've been getting away with a 4x2 (only Homebase do it) and in the thinner size so it'll fit in the back of the car (bends a bit better). I think it was only £18 or something. Then again I mainly photograph children which probably helps with the size.

Thanks guys knew I'd get some help on here.

That's a point no way I'd be able to get a 6x4 in my car. Also 4x2 might be a bit on the small size as it'd be for adults.

Think I'll pop along to b&q, maybe they do something about 4x5

Cheers peeps.

Popped up B&Q to check out their sizes, 6x4, 4x4, 6x2 all pretty reasonable priced compared to whats online. However measured my car with the seats down, i reckon it'll only hold a piece about 5x3. Will see if i can find someone with a estate or even a van to help me out and pick up the 6x4 or 6x3 from Wickes

Hi,
Try www.hindleys.co.uk they are suppliers for modelmakers/craftsmen etc and sell sheets of plastic in many colours, I use it on my moulding machines.
They also sell coloured plastic acrylic etc which is very useful for making your own filters for lighting etc + 1000's of other goodies! If you like making stuff then check them out!
also try www.trylon.co.uk who sell similar stuff, both have excellent free catalogues so get one ordered and drool away!

Has anyone used clear PVC sheets? That you can roll up.

Is the join created by putting two sheets sideby side very noticable ? Does a touch of PP sort it if so ?

Back