Pet Tracker/GPS

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,after a couple of recent scares where my pet Lurcher has gone missing for 20 mins ive decided that (if he ever gets of the lead and out of sight again) I should invest in a decent Pet tacker/GPS. Can anyone recommend one please.
Thanks

I researched this a couple of years ago and the general consensus was that most of them are a waste of money.

Like most things, the more you spend; the more likely you'll get better quality, with the only ones that are anywhere near reliable being the ones that take a cell phone SIM. These are only any good of course if your dog has wandered off - if s/he's been stolen, the thief will just remove it.

I have no experience of any of them personally, it was just that I wasted half a day researching them on the internet and thought I'd save you the trouble. :)

We bought a Tractive for our springer puppy.
I was concerned it wouldn’t work in the woods where we live, but it seems to be very good actually.

It tracked her very accurately on a test walk we did. It does need to be made more secure as the mounting system is completely unfit for purpose on my opinion. I used some Velcro ties to secure it to her harness and it won’t budge.

Dog tracker nano,we have one on our greyhound after he took himself off exploring several times. There customer service is excellent

Hi,after a couple of recent scares where my pet Lurcher has gone missing for 20 mins ive decided that (if he ever gets of the lead and out of sight again) I should invest in a decent Pet tacker/GPS. Can anyone recommend one please.
Thanks

TKStar. Been using it for years and years with our Beagle.

1. Cheap to buy
  2. Small and light
  3. Accurate and fast
  4. Can use SMS which sends Google map link
  5. Can use free app for live tracking
  6. Uses any PAYG sim. No subscriptions or waiting to speak with operators etc.
  7. Battery lasts for a long time between charges
  8. Weatherproof

Search reachfar they do quite a few, I use one on my drone, gps and I’ve tested on the kids by dropping it in their bag, works a treat,
obviously this was a “test” only and certainly no indication I didn’t trust them ;)

we tried Vodafone v-pet.... totally rubbish, took it straight back after 2 days of walking all over new forest, only to see that it registered dog as being at home.

we tried Vodafone v-pet.... totally rubbish, took it straight back after 2 days of walking all over new forest, only to see that it registered dog as being at home.

Lol I mind the first tracker I tried, can't remember what it was called but it had it's own handheld monitor and came from America. Was terrible! Quite often when doing a walk around the local reservoir it was showing our dog as out in the middle of the water despite him being right next to us!

Back