Pete Docherty

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Cancels a gig in Glasgow, now one in Inverness. Why do people give this lowlife the time of day let alone go to his drugged up shows..... I don't get it!!

Cancels a gig in Glasgow, now one in Inverness. Why do people give this lowlife the time of day let alone go to his drugged up shows..... I don't get it!!

Not a huge fan of his, but dont really see how different he is to many of the greats of the 60s and 70s. Syd Barrett was in an even worse state most of the time, but is a legend. Bolan too was off his face in the mid 70s, and I am sure that greats like Hendrix and others must have done similar.

Not a huge fan of his, but dont really see how different he is to many of the greats of the 60s and 70s. Syd Barrett was in an even worse state most of the time, but is a legend. Bolan too was off his face in the mid 70s, and I am sure that greats like Hendrix and others must have done similar.

The difference is that the people you mentioned had actual bona fide talent.

If you're not a fan Sean, why give him the time of day to start a thread?
Unfortunately, the music scene is full of more 'wholesome' but far less talented people.

viv1969 said:
The difference is that the people you mentioned had actual bona fide talent.

In your opinion though. There are probably peple who think bolan was rubbish and Pete is the best ever. The libertines were pretty good, although IMO the only *** better than bolan and Floyd would b kinks and Beatles - who I could argue were drug crazed.

Regardless of how much he is a druggie/low life etc (I can't stand him but I love the libertines stuff) he is still one of the most talented British musicians of the last decade imo.

I feel exactly the same about the Gallaghers (well Liam mainly), massively talented, but a complete and utter ****

In your opinion though. There are probably peple who think bolan was rubbish and Pete is the best ever. The libertines were pretty good, although IMO the only *** better than bolan and Floyd would b kinks and Beatles - who I could argue were drug crazed.

I don't know if 'drug crazed' is the right way of putting it. They liked their drugs and wrote some amazing tunes and lyrics whilst high.

Drug crazed gives me imagery of *sexual favours for a fiver for a hit.*

new2me said:
If you're not a fan Sean, why give him the time of day to start a thread?
Unfortunately, the music scene is full of more 'wholesome' but far less talented people.

I was bored so why not. :-D

My Kal said:
A lowlife??

Don't worry...I'm sure you'll get a refund on your tickets!!

Wouldn't waste my hardearned .

jacob12_1993 said:
Regardless of how much he is a druggie/low life etc (I can't stand him but I love the libertines stuff) he is still one of the most talented British musicians of the last decade imo.

In your opinion ;-)

jacob12_1993 said:

Shurelee "Regardless of how talented he is, he is still a druggie/lowlife"

Not to mention being one that has been linked with at least one death and numerous other crimes, yet who is always given "one last chance".......

This is absolutely bang on. He is so under-appreciated as a musician, because nobody can see past his personal problems. He's a lyrical genius. An absolute poet, and neither me or my work buddy can argue with your rating of him a single bit.

I would be interested to know how much of his back catalogue his millions of detractors have actually heard.

In your opinion ;-)

Music is subjective just like photography hence the 'imo' :razz:

Shurelee "Regardless of how talented he is, he is still a druggie/lowlife"

Not to mention being one that has been linked with at least one death and numerous other crimes, yet who is always given "one last chance".......

I think 'linked' is the important word in that sentence. Never proven :)

This is absolutely bang on. He is so under-appreciated as a musician, because nobody can see past his personal problems. He's a lyrical genius. An absolute poet, and neither me or my work buddy can argue with your rating of him a single bit.

I would be interested to know how much of his back catalogue his millions of detractors have actually heard.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :p

He's still scum....

I never said I liked him, in fact I think I said I dislike him however 'scum' is a strong word and quite subjective too. Most of the things he has been 'charged' with are drug related, which funnily enough a good proportion of the country go out and do on a regular occasion (NOTE: Mainly cannabis but many other harder drugs too).

jacob12_1993 said:
I never said I liked him, in fact I think I said I dislike him however 'scum' is a strong word and quite subjective too. Most of the things he has been 'charged' with are drug related, which funnily enough a good proportion of the country go out and do on a regular occasion (NOTE: Mainly cannabis but many other harder drugs too).

He's been questioned in relation of not one but two deaths, arrested for drink and drunk driving and on suspicion of being a drug dealer.

Far be it from me to pass judgement on the company you keep, but I can assure you these aren't activities that "a good proportion of the country go out and do on a regular occasion", they're what criminals do....

He's been questioned in relation of not one but two deaths, arrested for drink and drunk driving and on suspicion of being a drug dealer.

Far be it from me to pass judgement on the company you keep, but I can assure you these aren't activities that "a good proportion of the country go out and do on a regular occasion", they're what criminals do....

If we disregard the things he hasn't actually been charged with i.e murder and drug dealing and look at drink driving and drug taking you would be surprised at the statistics. I can't remember exactly the numbers but around 40-50% of people under the age of 24 have admitted to taking drugs in their lifetime and around 100,000 people fail breathalyser tests each year. That's a pretty good proportion of the population for me.

jacob12_1993 said:
If we disregard the things he hasn't actually been charged with i.e murder and drug dealing and look at drink driving and drug taking you would be surprised at the statistics. I can't remember exactly the numbers but around 40-50% of people under the age of 24 have admitted to taking drugs in their lifetime and around 100,000 people fail breathalyser tests each year. That's a pretty good proportion of the population for me.

I don't recall saying he'd either being charged or even questioned in relation to murder.....

jacob12_1993 said:
Okay my apologies...'charged with relation to the deaths he has been questioned about'...better :razz:

You have to admit the very fact that he's been questioned in relation to two deaths is shocking. Unless, of course, you're about to produce statistics to prove that a large proportion of under 24s have also admitted to that too ;)

You have to admit the very fact that he's been questioned in relation to two deaths is shocking. Unless, of course, you're about to produce statistics to prove that a large proportion of under 24s have also admitted to that too ;)

it's shocking yes, but it definitely shouldn't take away from the fact he is insanely talented and I still wouldn't say he deserves the term 'scum', low life/druggie etc yes, but in my eyes scum is reserved for rapists, pedophiles and men that beat up women :shake:

jacob12_1993 said:
it's shocking yes, but it definitely shouldn't take away from the fact he is insanely talented and I still wouldn't say he deserves the term 'scum', low life/druggie etc yes, but in my eyes scum is reserved for rapists, pedophiles and men that beat up women :shake:

"Insanely talented"?

Seriously?

:LOL:

I feel exactly the same about the Gallaghers (well Liam mainly), massively talented, but a complete and utter ****

I fail to see why Liam has to come across as one, but you're not wrong tbh, always seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Docherty is just a waste of space junkie that just takes up to much news space in this world for all the wrong reasons.

My cat's litter tray has more talent than Docherty.

Pete is a bright young man, just ashame he's took a wrong turn in his life. Take away the drug/alcohol addiction and who knows what he could be.

lmao

Problem is, would he then be like that guy in Friends, where when he stopped drinking he was boring as hell to be around, in other words is it the drugs & booze that helps his supposed talent.

He's still scum....

Did you lose out on tickets from his cancelled gigs or is your frightening MacAnger why he's avoiding Scotland? :cautious: :p

BTW, in another thread, I'm off to see The Beach Boys tomorrow. Good, clean Californian surfer boys ... they were never involved with drugs :whistle:

Back