Petition to halt Badger culling.

Why are they shooting them, is this still because it's thought they carry TB?

It is not thought they carry TB - they most definitely do. I am not getting involved in any debate but I thought I would put the point straight.

Reactions: 4wd
It is not thought they carry TB - they most definitely do. I am not getting involved in any debate but I thought I would put the point straight.

I don't believe there is any dispute that they catch TB......but my impression/understanding was that badger families do not have herd mixing thus the spread through badger population is not 100% badger to badger, so where did they originally catch from. "Chicken & Egg" question, maybe

Bovine TB is an infectious disease of cattle. It is caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium bovis (M. bovis), which can also infect and cause TB in badgers, deer, goats, pigs, camelids (llamas and alpacas), dogs and cats, as well as many other mammals.

Not just Badgers

Les

73,686 and rising.

And one stain on society named, shamed and hopefully to be imprisoned...

A Caerphilly man faces Christmas in prison after he was convicted of hunting and killing a badger. After a trial at Newport Magistrates’ Court, Dewi James Price, 39, of New Tredegar, Caerphilly, was also found guilty of offences against red kites.

Price, who describes himself on social media as a 'redhead terrierman' and 'Dewi the Digger', was found guilty of killing a badger in the Builth Wells area of Powys on 18 February 2018 and is due to be sentenced on 23 December 2020.

73,686 and rising.

And one stain on society named, shamed and hopefully to be imprisoned...

And hopefully banned on his release from owning any dogs for life!

PS the signing ha slowed, it would be good if it can cross the 100,000 line :thinking: :cool:

Link needs more Twitter/Facebook etc mentions.
Good point.......................I don't do much Social Media but if the groups allow I will post in two wildlife related ones!

Last edited:
Back