PetriTTl shots

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I dug out my 1970's Petri SLR on Sunday (50mm lens) chucked in a roll of out of date Kodak 400CN B & W film and went along the towpath at Sprotborough near Doncaster. I'd be grateful for any comments/criticism - they're uploaded as is without any messing around in PShop. (I haven't shot film for probably a decade but it was fun).

Thanks for looking

2 is best, followed by 3. With 4 would be good to crop the path edge out (bottom right).

1, just doesnt do anything for me, and I think it is because there doesnt appear to be any focal interest. Nothing leading to a subject or too much foreground.

Also, a forum question. Can you post pictures here and the landscape forum or only in 1 if it is taken on film?

2 is best, followed by 3. With 4 would be good to crop the path edge out (bottom right).

1, just doesnt do anything for me, and I think it is because there doesnt appear to be any focal interest. Nothing leading to a subject or too much foreground.

Also, a forum question. Can you post pictures here and the landscape forum or only in 1 if it is taken on film?

Yup you're right about 1 (it doesn't do anything) & 4 (needs a slight crop)- I was just pleased they came out.

I'm not sure if you're meant to post photos taken from film just in here but I'm sure someone can answer that one fully for you.

thanks for the comments

WOW - fantastic shots. I often still use my dad's old Canon A1 with film just to 'get back to basics'.

Lovely to see

Jo

@ PeterA - It's not great forum etiquette to multi post. I would suggest only posting your images in one place. People will find them soon enough.

@ Pete - lovely shots Numbers 2 & 4 are my favouriotes from the set. I've been using my wifes Pentax K1000 a bit recently and an old Praktika I have. Too scared to develop the film though... :shake: :LOL:

@ Pete - lovely shots Numbers 2 & 4 are my favouriotes from the set. I've been using my wifes Pentax K1000 a bit recently and an old Praktika I have. Too scared to develop the film though... :shake: :LOL:

Thanks - it cost me £1.98 for the negs and a cd with hi & lo res images of each shot - couldn't really complain at that price

@Jo thanks

Last edited:

Well, if you're after serious critique, you should only be posting one or two shots per post anyway - otherwise you'll get a lot of replys like this thread (no offence to anyone who did reply, btw... and saying which one you like is a whole lot better than not saying anything) but a proper reasoned critique takes time for the persons replying to do. Personally, I reckon on 10-15 minutes per image usually, so asking for Crit. on anything more than 2 images at once is a bit pushy, I reckon.

On the upside of that, if you've some landscape stuff that you want comments on general landscape technique, post them in lansdcapes. If you've something that you want comments/assistance with film specific stuff (like - colour correction / scanning problems or getting exposure right on E6 film for example) then stick them in here.

There's nothing to say you can't put a link at the bottom of the landscape post to point at the F&C post as well though - it's just cross posting images to 2 or more different areas that's considered a bit spammy!

@ Mark - "cross posting", that's the phrase I was looking for! :bang:

Back