Peveril Point

Name
Tim Monaghan
Edit My Images
Yes
I think every photographer has an image in their head of a shot they have always wanted to capture. For me, I've always wanted to capture a shot of Peveril Point with a pastel colour sky in the background. I arrived at Swanage, early, but the sky wasn't looking great. There were stars, and not a cloud in sight as far as I could tell. As I headed towards the location, climbed down the cliff only using the light from my headtorch, I could see a bank of medium cloud on the horizon. As the time ticked nearer to sunrise, the clouds caught and changed colour from grey to a pastel pink and orange. I slid the 6 stop in front of the lens, calculated my shutter speed, pressed the shutter release and.......... CLICK. As the back of the camera burst into life, I managed to capture the image I wanted. Sometimes, just sometimes, lady luck is on your side.
f11
75mm
iso 64
1 minute exposure

PerverilPoint.jpeg

Undecided, a nice idea but with these long dreamy exposures something in them has to look like it's tack sharp as the counterbalance. Maybe a little more contrast around the rocks would help?

Back