PH-157Q Tripod Help

M

Marik

How the hell do you get the thing off? Someone is having trouble.

It's not for me :p

And he says he cant see the screw

the screw will be hidden, as the head is attached to it, just grab the head in one hand and legs in the other and turn the head anti clockwise (i think) and it should unscrew ? (thats how my Gitzo works anyway)

Will be attached from the silver collar at the bottom of this picture
dbimages%5C2410.gif

Unless theres a locking screw in the side of the tripod legs or the head itself it should just unscrew as its only got a 1/4 inch screw thread ! I dont think they are clever and put left handed threads in, ie you have to turn clockwise to undo, but may be worth a try ! It may just be tight !

Done! all done!! Thanks Hun

Now I need to find a decent tripod

055PRO is £90 that aint to bad, what about heads though?

Yeah the head is a personal thing too, do you want normal pan and tilt? ball head etc etc !

There used to be places doing deals on the tripods with a head with them ! Cant find one at the moment though ! :(

Also depends what your budget is ! You only want to buy it once so buy the best you can afford !

Hopefully somebody else will pop in shortly ! ;)

whats better? Don't really do much panning, might do one day, aslong as it's smooth I care not :p

Cant really say one is better than the other to be honest, they all have there pros and cons !

I prefer ball head, something like this (this is only a cheap one from hundreds though so dont take it as a recommendation)
details.aspx

I'm sticking a Manfrotto pro tripod up for sale a bit later... got company at the moment. Price will be dead right. :)

Ok cool, first, how the hell do I get my remote shutter to do long exposure?S

350d hm..canon RS60-E3 I can get it to lock but it doesn't lock it does whatever is on the screen!

It also beebs for 10 seconds before HELP the stars are going!

You need to set it to "bulb" for shutter speed I think.

LEGENDS! Works now /me is trying star trails, but I can't s=actully see the stars in the viewfinder :/

Thats bad?

Ps, PM me details CT :p

Well that didn't go very well :p

I think I need more practice ;(

You can use your remote one of two ways.

Set your camera to Tv mode. (Shutter Prioroty).

Now if you set the shutter speed to anything you want (except "Bulb"), then one press of the remote will set the thing off, and it will finish exposing when the shutter speed is done.

If you set it to "Bulb", then the press of the remote will open the shutter and start the exposure.

And it will sit there until you let go of the button.

If you're planning on a long exposure and dont want to sit there holding the button, while it's held in you can slide it to lock it in place...gently let go of it and hey presto, brew up while your camera makes the photos :D
Dont forget to relese the button when youre done though :D

Back