Philippine Eagle Centre

Name
Mr B
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. Just wanted to share these 2 photos. I was on holiday last month with my partner and we made the journey to the south of the Philippines to a place called Davao. About 2 hours outside of the city (via bus and 2 up on a moped as we didnt want to pay the extortionate amounts hotels and taxis charge) we visited the Philippine Eagle Centre. This place is fantastic and one of the very few places in the world that you can see this magnificent creature, which is unfortunately on the critically endangered list. It is known to be one of if not the largest eagles in the world and seeing one on the flesh was simply stunning.
More reading here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Eagle

The photos are unprocessed as I am waiting to install LR on my new PC (in transit), so theres a couple of hot pixels from my camera unfortunately.
I was using my D90 with the 70-300 VR and a Hoya UV filter. I noticed a huge improvement in colour from changing the WB from auto to cloudy.
Im still very new to photography but these are some of the few decent pics Ive taken. Any C&C is welcome. I'll upload more soon, thanks :)

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

For straight out of the camera these are quite sharp. #2 looks a tad bright.

I'm surprised you shot them at such high ISO, #1 @ 400 and #2 @ 800. I feel the compositions are putting the subject too central and might benefit from a crop to recompose toward the thirds.

Good shots (y)

Back