Phone Scams

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
I am all set up to start scamming now, I have just received my booklet " The Little Book of Phone Scams " from the Met Police :police:

I had one a few years ago and it was a woman pretending to be from my bank. She had enough details to make herself seem believable but when I questioned her she ran out of script and hung up. I do wonder where these people get your details from.

If I was PM for the day I'd ban the sale of lists that goes on. It is IMO a disgrace that details are dragged out of us sometimes for the simplest of transactions and then sold on multiple times to Gosh knows who. It's no surprise that enough details end up in he hands of scammers to make them believable.

I have a dream: one day the carriers are made responsible for all offences carried out over the telephone network or the internet, unless they can prove they have verified the identity of each user of their service, I know, it's never going to happen but it's nice to think it might.

:tumbleweed:

I have a dream: one day the carriers are made responsible for all offences carried out over the telephone network or the internet, unless they can prove they have verified the identity of each user of their service, I know, it's never going to happen but it's nice to think it might.

:tumbleweed:

Another dream - cold calling at all houses to be made illegal (plus a ban on junk mail - although I suspect the loss of revenue would hurt RM).

I open the junk mail and if there is a prepaid envelope inside I return some the of the mail to them -minus any name etc- these envelopes carry no mail charge until used, if they get tons of useless mail it might slow some it down?

If you fold any contents before restuffing the envelope, it makes it a large letter or small package which might attract a larger charge...

If you fold any contents before restuffing the envelope, it makes it a large letter or small package which might attract a larger charge...
You could always add your own 'junk' mail to bulk it up too, such as cereal boxes trimmed to size, used envelopes etc;)

You could always add your own 'junk' mail to bulk it up too, such as cereal boxes trimmed to size, used envelopes etc;)

"Used toilet paper" ........ but used by someone else (DNA tracing risk).

Back