Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Post 43 - Splog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post 46 - DemiLion

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not have a single vote only poll?

A valid point, but I suspect if that did become the case then only 3 or 4 images would get any votes, and you could easily still end up with a tie.

At least in this format everybody gets the chance of expressing which photos they like, and the photographer gets some comparative feedback, without getting disheartened by a continual 'Nil Point' result.

It's for fun, it's to encourage creativity and to a minor extent it's to encourage the exploration of various different processing techniques that you can achieve on modern mobiles.

If we start labouring about who has won outright, it'll kill the enjoyable aspect of the weekly comp, and it'll end up like the POTY with squabbling and in fighting.

If the prize is just bragging rights, then the only real issue is what the next challenge subject will be, and last weekend's result proved that a shared decision can work well and produce an interesting idea.

That's my 2p worth anyway! :D

Last edited:
A valid point, but I suspect if that did become the case then only 3 or 4 images would get any votes, and you could easily still end up with a tie.

At least in this format everybody gets the chance of expressing which photos they like, and the photographer gets some comparative feedback, without getting disheartened by a continual 'Nil Point' result.

It's for fun, it's to encourage creativity and to a minor extent it's to encourage the exploration of various different processing techniques that you can achieve on modern mobiles.

If we start labouring about who has won outright, it'll kill the enjoyable aspect of the weekly comp, and it'll end up like the POTY with squabbling and in fighting.

If the prize is just bragging rights, then the only real issue is what the next challenge subject will be, and last weekend's result proved that a shared decision can work well and produce an interesting idea.

That's my 2p worth anyway! :D

Indeed :)

errr....the polls I set up were single votes :p :LOL:

:

I meant single vote as in vote for only one picture :p

OK, does anyone object, especially the 3 leaders, to having the '3 of a kind' theme for the next challenge? Now we have areas dedicated to phoneography we can hopefully get a lot more entries so would be good to have this decided and set up tomorrow, give people as much 'weekend' time as we can :D

OK, does anyone object, especially the 3 leaders, to having the '3 of a kind' theme for the next challenge? Now we have areas dedicated to phoneography we can hopefully get a lot more entries so would be good to have this decided and set up tomorrow, give people as much 'weekend' time as we can :D

No objection here.

As long as '3 of a kind' doesn't mean a trichpic. I have no app for that and don't think there is one for my BB.

I didnt set this one up :LOL: IIRC, I only set the first and second challenge polls. I opted for a single vote just because there are a relatively small number of entries so picking just one should be doable, though I admit to having to really think hard about them.

Go for it.

Btw I've been voting for multiple images since the first one! :p

:cautious: hmmm... might have to get Marcel to look into the tick box thing on the poll set up then, because I definately set 1st two as single votes, but just had a look and there are more votes than voters... :bang: :sulk:

Anyway...as long as no one objects, I will set up our new theme in the morning, and sticky it in the new phoneography pic sharing area plus a thread in the talk phoneography area, and then we can all start lobbying for more entries (y)

:cautious: hmmm... might have to get Marcel to look into the tick box thing on the poll set up then, because I definately set 1st two as single votes, but just had a look and there are more votes than voters... :bang: :sulk:

:cool:

Anyway...as long as no one objects, I will set up our new theme in the morning, and sticky it in the new phoneography pic sharing area plus a thread in the talk phoneography area, and then we can all start lobbying for more entries (y)

(y)

Sod it! ;) Just posting here again to hit 3000 posts :D ........... Happy post day to me, happy post day to .... Nah! I'm going to bed ... :D

I think that the two new forums are a fantastic idea btw.

Anyone might think that we've been guinea-pigging it in advance! :D

Sod it! ;) Just posting here again to hit 3000 posts :D ........... Happy post day to me, happy post day to .... Nah! I'm going to bed ... :D

Congratulations!!! :woot:

I think that the two new forums are a fantastic idea btw.

Anyone might think that we've been guinea-pigging it in advance! :D

:LOL::LOL: as if w would do that!

Seriously, its one of those topics that cropped up from time to time in the staffroom, but the initial idea for these challenges was from chatting and sharing on twitter. After I posted the 1st challenge, we discussed it more indepth, for several weeks [committee decisions you see, we are brilliant at it :D ] and as interest grew, the final outcome is the new areas [as well as the new film photosharing area too]. So sort of guinea pigging I suppose. Nicely though, because we like you all :D

Good point! In all the kerfuffle I forgot to say well done to Keith rg, N1kcy and stokes. Great efforts! :)

Congratulations to the three winners this week, well done :clap:

There was fab support from all and all the entries were great.

Glad to see that this challenge has taken on a form of its own. I have even been looking into upgrading my phone (which is well overdue), despite the fact that I really like my N95.

But for now, until I decide, I will continue to use my current phone.

Look forward to this weekend challenge, although I am racking my little brain for ideas :LOL:

Thanks to Yv for coming up with this great idea and to all who have supported it so far.

See you all on the other side.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Back