Workshop Phot Tours / Workshops Yosemite

Name
Jamesev
Edit My Images
No
Anyone know any one / company that runs Yosemite photo tours that can accommodate specific dates?

Google shows a few companies that do photo tours.

Depending on what you have in mind a photo tour may not be necessary, Yosemite is quite easy to get around and even the tours that they have onsite take you to a lot of the classic spots.

Google shows a few companies that do photo tours.

Depending on what you have in mind a photo tour may not be necessary, Yosemite is quite easy to get around and even the tours that they have onsite take you to a lot of the classic spots.
Thanks I went to google first of all. They seem to be really good but run only once or twice a year and not for specific dates. I am now looking at your second suggestion of just scoping out my own "tour". When I asked the question in the OP I wasn't sure how Yosemite "worked". I shall be investing more time into this via google research.

Seconded on easy to navigate. Lots of signs pointing you to the classic locations, and when I went (2006) - pretty much anywhere we stopped the car you could just get out and get amazing images. Take lots of cards though!

Seconded on easy to navigate. Lots of signs pointing you to the classic locations, and when I went (2006) - pretty much anywhere we stopped the car you could just get out and get amazing images. Take lots of cards though!
thanks are there really that many "sights" that would fill up a card in a day (plan on taking the editing machine too)

are there really that many "sights" that would fill up a card in a day

There were when I went :) Also, it's not somewhere I can "pop back and reshoot" so I went overboard. I did a road trip from LA up to Seattle and the most "keepers" from the trip are all Yosemite. I did highway 1, San Fransisco, the Oregon redwoods, the Grand Canyon (+Hoover Dam), Joshua Tree, LA & California coast. Nothing ate my cards like Yosemite - and the prices in the tourist shops there were scary. This was 2006 though with my 350D shooting jpeg and the files sizes and memory card were a lot different.

However if you're there for a couple of weeks, and have your laptop to download the cards every night that's a different matter. I was travelling light and most evenings were spent sleeping because there was a lot of driving to do.

Back