Photium Web Sites TPF DISCOUNT OFFER!!!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
You've probably all noticed the banner advert at the top of the forums for the Photium Trial Offer, but here's a linky anyway. Photium.

I'm currently playing with the 30 day trial download and may well be upgrading to one of their premium packages. It's basically a website all set up for you where you can alter and adjust the settings and appearance just by clicking around a few fields and options boxes without any knowledge of coding whatsoever. If like me you're one of those people who'd rather find another hole up your bum, than spend half your life setting up a site from scratch then this is for you. It's set up purely with photographers in mind and offers you an easy solution to setting up a site to display your work, with Paypal and credit card payment ability built in to receive payment from customers if you choose to go the commercial route. It really doesn't get any easier than this - give it a go.;)

I've been in touch with Will 'Mr Photium' with a couple of queries and raised the thorny question of discount for TPF members. He is prepared to offer an extra 2 months free service to anyone who upgrades from the trial package to any of their three premium packages. Just mention you're from TPF. In other words pay for 12 months - get 14. :)

I'll probably be doing a full review of this when I've finished messing about with it, but so far it's pretty impressive with full support and help from them if you need it, but it's so easy I doubt you will.

Have a play with the trial version - you've nowt to lose. :shrug:

Will have a look at it CT have been looking for web hosting recently, cheers :)

nice one CT, certainly worth a look

All looks good - only thing I cant see mention of is any bandwidth limits.

All looks good - only thing I cant see mention of is any bandwidth limits.

I checked this with Will from Photium. They have a blanket limit of 5 gig per site per month, but he assures me that they're pretty lax with it and if you went a couple of gig over in one month they wouldn't even bother contacting you. Hot linking is allowed.

You need to make sure your images are sized to 600 pixels longest side, and 100kb or less or the Photium software compression gets them down to that size for you when you upload and they suffer in the process. Properly reduced, the images look fine at desktop res's of 1280 X1024 or 1024X768.

You can choose to copyright/watermark all your images (or not) with a single mouse click.

Back