Photo a Week

Name
Mikael
Edit My Images
Yes
Very similar to the 52 challenge, but this one has no time limit and only just started now.

Photo #1 - http://www.mikaeljohanssonphoto.com/?p=4238

All comments and feedback most welcomed...

Mikael-Johansson-Photo-Photo-a-Week-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
my initial comment would be that you'll get far more feedback if you actually post the picture in here, rather than a link to the image on your website, as members may consider that you're really just trying to drive traffic to your site rather than genuinely wanting critique on your shots.

Hi Mikael. I don't know much about black and white photography but it is something I need to understand better. I think both of these shots are very appropriate for B & W. I love the symmetry of the second one but just one little niggle - my eye keeps being drawn to the left-hand "Terrace" where half the T is missing.

I wish you luck with your project. Committing to a project is a great incentive to get out and about with your camera.

Hi Mikael. I don't know much about black and white photography but it is something I need to understand better. I think both of these shots are very appropriate for B & W. I love the symmetry of the second one but just one little niggle - my eye keeps being drawn to the left-hand "Terrace" where half the T is missing.

I wish you luck with your project. Committing to a project is a great incentive to get out and about with your camera.

many thanks for the comments, i'll have to go back a recompose the shot to get the 'T' in ;)

had a quick look at your website which is very impressive. Good luck with your projects

At least the rain in paradise is warm! It is strange to see a black and white shot of a subject which is usually quite brilliant colours. I would love to know where this was taken. I have just come back from "paradise" with a reef just off shore like this one.

At least the rain in paradise is warm! It is strange to see a black and white shot of a subject which is usually quite brilliant colours. I would love to know where this was taken. I have just come back from "paradise" with a reef just off shore like this one.

hi jenny, thanks for taking a look. Shot this in Mauritius during the mini-cyclone which has just passed through. I shoot a lot of b&w, but this one is interesting as you say, because of the absence of the usual turquoise sea and yellow sand.

Where have you come back from?

Is this in the wrong forum? Not really a project.... just a 52 with no time limit... so just random, unconnected shots.

Back