Photo Alignment App/ Software

Name
Anonymous
Edit My Images
Yes
I require an app or free software that can align multiple photos.

My immediate use is for stitching multiple screen shots of a rail network map. The individual photos overlap but I just require 1 photo at the end. I've tried various apps and they just seem to combine the photos into 1 in the form of a collage as opposed to a photo that has coherent lines. I can understand that their may be input from my end as in the form of cropping and manual alignment which I'm happy to do. Other uses will extend into my photography.

I've scoured a few before posting this thread and many tend to primarily deal with panaromas. I suppose while the concept is similar, I'm ultimately dealing with flat images and many don't seem to outright mention that, or should I assume its a given ?

Have you tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor??

I've scoured a few before posting this thread and many tend to primarily deal with panaromas. I suppose while the concept is similar, I'm ultimately dealing with flat images and many don't seem to outright mention that, or should I assume its a given ?

Sometime back installed Microsoft ICE and only tried it a couple of times.

But AFAIK stitching a landscape panorama (where the software would be expected to correct for any distortions) should be no different with 'flat' images ~ so maybe just pick or two programs and try it/them out???

PS on principle provided there is sufficient 'overlap' for the software to analyse & interpret.....it surely will produce something worthwhile, even if it needs a tad of manual adjustments???

Last edited:
Back