Photo calendars - ready by Christmas

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, i decided im going to get some calendars done for my family showing off some of my best landscapes. I alway use DSCL for my prints but there online calendars dont allow the pictures to fit without shrinking them leaving big space above / below. By the way i love the quality of DSCL and would like the calendars to be very close to theirs!

I am looking for somewhere that i can upload my photo's where they will be full size without being cropped or shrunk, would also like to have the text 'www.mrmike-photography.net' shown on each month. Wall hanging around A4 size and able to get delivery before mid next week.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers
Mike

Try vistaprint - their prices exclude VAT and delivery, but they are pretty cheap, pretty decent quality and pretty fast - mine were ordered a few days ago (friday I think) and I paid for their express delivery, but they are due to arrive tomorrow !
You can edit to suit, and add text with no problems, including things like birthday dates etc - oh, and the premium card option is well worth the extra !

Try vistaprint - their prices exclude VAT and delivery, but they are pretty cheap, pretty decent quality and pretty fast - mine were ordered a few days ago (friday I think) and I paid for their express delivery, but they are due to arrive tomorrow !
You can edit to suit, and add text with no problems, including things like birthday dates etc - oh, and the premium card option is well worth the extra !

Cheers for that, just taking a look through their site now. Very cheap, hope the quality is up to standard.

Just curious, you say 'pretty decent quality' then you say they are due to arrive tomorrow :shrug: Does this mean you have ordered calendars from them before?

Do a search for last nights Gadget Show on Channel 5 as they compared different companies with regards to photo calendars. I think Snapfish came out the best.

Edit: I had 9 calendars from Vistaprint arrive last week, quality is pretty good for the price, I used an offer of theirs and got 5 wall and 4 desk ones for £27 delivered.

Last edited:
Do a search for last nights Gadget Show on Channel 5 as they compared different companies with regards to photo calendars. I think Snapfish came out the best.

Edit: I had 9 calendars from Vistaprint arrive last week, quality is pretty good for the price, I used an offer of theirs and got 5 wall and 4 desk ones for £27 delivered.

Thanks for the info, i decided to take a chance with Vistaprint based on a few recommendations. I do really like their online tool with step by step calendar building, can save at any time and go back to finish which is way more friendly than some others out there.

I ordered 6 wall calendars and opted for the premium glossy card, with 'Rush' 3 business day delivery option (which was free instead of £15.45) it came to a total of £45.79. As long as the quality is good then i dont think that is too bad.

Currently snapfish 'have a large number of orders, and unfortunately this means that there is a delay in getting them despatched'
So far 2 weeks down the line, they haven't even produced my order yet, and won't cancel it either.

Thanks for the info, i decided to take a chance with Vistaprint based on a few recommendations. I do really like their online tool with step by step calendar building, can save at any time and go back to finish which is way more friendly than some others out there.

I ordered 6 wall calendars and opted for the premium glossy card, with 'Rush' 3 business day delivery option (which was free instead of £15.45) it came to a total of £45.79. As long as the quality is good then i dont think that is too bad.

I have had a look at the site and seems OK, especially as you can add comments to specific days. I cannot seem to find what the image dimensions need to be as I would rather re-size to what they use as opposed to the software re-sizing them. Also is the paper upgrade option at the end of the process and any idea what is on the back of the calender as there is no option to add a company name on the back?

I have used them for the last 5 years with no problems, but am loath to recommend them as I have not used anyone else !
They send out an email to tell me when to expect delivery, and have yet to let me down.

wierd.. i just watched that (didnt know it was on last night) and then came on here and saw all this... yes snapfish came out the best

Hi Mike,

I ordered mine from DSCL (ordered about 30 in total)

but i also got one for free from vistaprint, i went with DSCL in the end as the quality was a bit better, but the quality of vistaprints was still good, i got my free one with the premium card and it was decent thinkness, think the standard paper might be a bit thin.

im not sure what DSCL delivery time is like now but when i ordered a couple weeks ago i placed the order one night, they printed it the next day and despatched it for arrival two days later.

Just to update, mine did arrive yesterday, look as good as ever, and a 6 day turnaround at this time of year seems pretty good to me. I even wanted to change the delivery (I figured I was being a cheapskate going for the free option so wanted to change it for the express delivery) and their customer service replied to my email very quickly, refunded my order so that I could update it and it still arrived in 6 days.
As I said earlier, I am loath to recommend them as I cannot compare the quality to others, but I am cetainly happy !

Back