Photo Competition round 4 - Closing date 03rd July

Actually MyPix has a valid point. :D

Even if you where unable to enter the competition for any reason, there is no reason for not voting!!! You can still vote if you don't enter and your personal votes will never be made public nor will you be forced to explain your choices.

yup MyPix is correct, vote too!

I haven't had much chance this time either so I wont be entering, not that I had a clue what to do anyway. I'll certainly be voting though.

MyPix said:
almost more important than entries ( i did say almost ) we need

VOTERS !!!

so please try and view the entries and make a judgement on the 3 you like the best, as this comp is pritty useless if we dont get more voters than just the peeps who have entered

so please vote

MP 8)

this is just my opinion and not neccesarily the views of the admin :wink:

Steve said:
Actually MyPix has a valid point. :D

Even if you where unable to enter the competition for any reason, there is no reason for not voting!!! You can still vote if you don't enter and your personal votes will never be made public nor will you be forced to explain your choices.

Do you know for some reason I thought it was only those who entered that could vote! :eek:ops:

I think its this -"All members who enter must vote, any member who chooses not to vote will have their entry disqualified" that was throwing me, you dont say non submitters can vote as far as I can tell.

BTW I dont understand this bit --->"and any votes that have been received for that submission will be awarded to the next in line" dont you mean discarded?

feeson said:
BTW I dont understand this bit --->"and any votes that have been received for that submission will be awarded to the next in line" dont you mean discarded?

What would happen is that the points would be upgraded and the lowest dropped so..

if "A" get 3 points
"B" gets 2 points
"C" gets 1 point

but no vote is recieved from "A"

then "A" is disqualified and "B" would be given 3 points and "C" 2 points with the "1 point" remaining being dropped due to the upgrade. At least thats how I did it although just disqualifying "A" and promoting everyone below would also be acceptable in my eyes. It all depends on the person running the round but either way the outcome will probably be the same although not guaranteed.

AH, I get you, I was reading it as if it was simply the next picture to it in the gallery, whoops :D

This closes tonight people, so get your votes in if you havent already, the gallery is

www.thephotographyforums.com/gallery

for all you new members, competitions gallery, round 4!

All the new members are welcome to vote as well.

Just send the numbers of your favourite three pictures, stating 1st, 2nd and 3rd by private message to EosD.

The closing time is 18.00 today.

Back