Photo Finish - a short head

I know you have to wrk with what's in front of you - but the background just ruins this for me tbh. Not very appealing and a bit wonky to boot.

Thank you for the comment and it's much appreciated.

I fully agree with you with the background but hadn't spotted the horizon I must admit although there is a slight uphill gradient. Unfortunately at this course the cars park on both sides on the run up to the finish (the white post) and there's no way to avoid the vehicles.

It's no reflection on your thoughts at all (and I do concur with them totally), but today this reached the Horse and Hound magazine, for a fee!

Well that's great news - well done! As you say - if that is how the course is set out then it is going to be impossible to avoid. You have to work with what is there.

Well that's great news - well done! As you say - if that is how the course is set out then it is going to be impossible to avoid. You have to work with what is there.
I much prefer the trees or green fields and no bloomin' ambulances either(!) as a backdrop.

Huge thank you for popping a comment in - the last 2-3 images have been seen but not heard :)

And thank you, Roger (@gramps ) - I'm out on Sunday for H&H too so am well pleased. Taken me long enough to be noticed!

Back