Photo locations: East Yorkshire

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I havent been out with the camera for a few weeks now and I'm itching to take some new photos but I'm location inspiration!

Could anyone give me some good locations of places to take photos in East Yorkshire?

All input appreciated!

Thanks

East Yorkshire is a rather unappreciated bit of country I think. It has some lovely spots. Pretty much any of the dry valleys of the wolds are nice. Near Fridaythorpe and Millington spring to mind. Londesborough park is quite pretty. Beverley and the westwood too. The Humber Bridge, Spurn Point, anywhere around Flamborough. The Holderness coast is pretty interesting too, constantly crumbling away in to the sea. I could go on...
Just go for an explore! Get a map, find an area you've never been and go for a walk.

I'm sure if you think about it a little more you've got some good ideas of your own :bonk:

Anyway, here are a couple of suggestions to get that grey matter working ;)..

Beverley Cathedral

Flamborough Head/Lighthouse/Bempton Cliffs

Hornsea Mere

Simon

Why not the villages of the Gypsy Race. Kirby Grindalythe, West Lutton, Weaverthorpe, have a look at the race, you may well find Water Voles!..Further on to Fridaythorpe, and Wold Newton, a mighty photogenic village, with duck pond.(y)

come on grant, you should not have to be asking such questions. kilham is alive with opportunity.

im planning on going over to withernsea over the next week. Apparently theres a 2 storey house thats half crumbled into the sea and is on the edge of the cliff. I find the coastal erosion really fasinating.

Theres lots of new interesting shapes popping up round hull aswell in the marina area etc. Humber Bridge, East Park (animals)(and if your lucky chavs), all along the coast from flamborough down to spurn is fantastic part of the country with many landscpae shots and HDR's to be done. Walk the hornsea railway track with the old stations etc along the way some of which have been restored but some left to crumble. Theres many villages in the region which when you look past the speed camera locations can be very pleasing on the eye. What about a drive to York?

im bored at work so just thought id make a list.
Rob

genuinely, compared to the rest of the country i find hull/east yorkshire unfathomably dull :)

however the places people have mentioned are decent enough but do a search on them for photos as most have been rinsed and it's the same photo again and again :)

Going at the weekend want to spend Saturday taking pics, someone give me some ideas where to go please.

Robin Hoods bay is one of my favourite places.

Head to doncaster to the yorkshire wildlife park if you can as thats superb for photography, otherwise, depends what you want to photograph! The fields near Paull are pretty good just outside of Hull but you need to face away from BP to get a good photo, unless you want the industrial backdrop. Go to tickton, just outside of beverly, if you want some really nice serene images as theres a pub there on the side of a canal etc.

Back