Photo Locations Northeast England

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi all :wave:, Im fairly new to the photography scene. Just wondered if anyone knows any good loactions to shoot in the northeast of england ???

One of my fav locations is Saltburn where you have a lovely beach, a pier, a funicular, various churches and a cliff top walk.

woof woof said:
One of my fav locations is Saltburn where you have a lovely beach, a pier, a funicular, various churches and a cliff top walk.

I agree but only *** I live there ;)

I quite like to venture over to Redcar though where the steelworks meet the beach. Try Roseberry Topping, the Transporter & Infinity Bridges and also the Quayside in Newcastle

the Quayside at Newcastle, Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle are the obvious starting points

I agree but only *** I live there ;)

I quite like to venture over to Redcar though where the steelworks meet the beach. Try Roseberry Topping, the Transporter & Infinity Bridges and also the Quayside in Newcastle

why did the word coz get censored :thinking:

How about Alnwick. Lovely Market Town with a Super Castle (Harry Potter country). Then there's Rothbury and Cragside, wonderful places:)
It all really depends on what your interests are, and how far you are willing to travel.

Roman Wall, Dunstanburgh Castle, Angel of the North, Durham Cathedral, Northumberland coast, plenty mentioned so far Chris.

Depends on what you consider is North East England, so far Northumberland, Durham, and Cleveland covered, but some consider Yorkshire as NE as well.

why did the word coz get censored :thinking:

Because a northern lass can make anything sound naughty :razz: :D

I'm not so keen on the Redcar end as there are more people, I like the stretch from Marske to Saltburn.

are you kidding? how long have you lived there? there is not a part where you can't take a good shot - Hadrian's wall, loads in the city, all of the coast from south of the Tyne right up to Berwick, High Force, the Durham fells, North York moors, Kielder, Alnwick, Hexham, Haltwhistle, Bessie Surtees house, the Quayside, Derwent country park (starts in Swalwell), all the way up the river, Durham with it's cathedral and castle and river....

easiest thing would be to say where in the north east and how far can you travel :)

yep, miss the place x

Barnard castle and highforce falls were places I enjoyed photographing on a trip up there earlier this year.

Barnard castle and highforce falls were places I enjoyed photographing on a trip up there earlier this year.

Did the same trip earlier this year as well, it was quite good (not so keen on BC mind). The moors could be interesting this time of year - it was quite strange to see alpaccas roaming free along with the sheep.

When the snow comes there are a couple of ski slopes near Stanhope - not sure if they build kickers or anything but may be fun to photograph.

Check out the Tyne Foot Tunnel before it is modernised.

Also check out the Victoria Tunnels http://www.newcastlecommunityheritage.org/content.php?level2_id=5

Back