photo mechanic 5

This looks good.I have a 15yr old mobile and have been waiting for these type to get cheaper.I do not know anything about them.If I bought this phone is there a way of doing pay as you go as I don't want contract as I send about 2 texts a week and make very few phone calls.It would be mainly to have internet access?
Aye, buy one, if its locked get the unlock code off ebay for a few quid then just get a pay and go sim of your choice of network provider

I use PM with Lightroom and think it's awesome. I'd never use Photoshop pitchside. I use LR during the game to ingest locked images, edit, caption and send then use PM after to ingest and select any non locked images then drag those into LR

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

I use PM with Lightroom and think it's awesome. I'd never use Photoshop pitchside. I use LR during the game to ingest locked images, edit, caption and send then use PM after to ingest and select any non locked images then drag those into LR

Sorry if I have missed something but how do you ingest locked images into LR? I'm using Mac version 4. Been using PS for years and am very familiar with it but if I could use one program to do everything I'm up for getting more used to LR!

Lovely, will have a look, thank you. Sorry if this is old ground being recovered! haha

*just read the article, all good, clicked on the links, but none of them are working, taking me to error pages. Anyone know the correct links?

Last edited:
Maybe this should be in a different thread about LR but my mind has just been blown. That plugin is so good, on a test I just set up, from shooting the image, ingesting to lightroom with caption applied, cropping, tweaking exposure and shadows, then to it leaving me via email was 1 minute 30 secs. No need for anything else except the plugin and LR. I'm a huge PS fan but it's over kill most of the time for what sports I do, though it's easy and still there if needed. I like PM, it works really nicely, but all in one has to be the way forward for me. Thanks for the info everyone.

:banana:

Last edited:
TextExtender can be used to create shortcuts for key wording on MACs

I FTP from LR but using a Post Process action under the LR export routine using Transmit as the FTP tool as this gives me a bit more flexibility. I also use Text Expander - you'll be able to get that down to less than a minute soon gibtheo!

can you batch watermarks in pm guys had it for about six months can't get my head round it?

Haven't tried but as I use it to send images to agencies and papers I don't want them watermarked... however a quick search in the online user manual (available from the help menu) describes being able to watermark at least from the send via email option... might be worth a read over a cup of coffee.

I FTP from LR but using a Post Process action under the LR export routine using Transmit as the FTP tool as this gives me a bit more flexibility.

is there any where that describes how to do this?

I have been trying this on a PC but it doesn't save the FTP login details.

does anyone know of a program that can run on a PC and do code replacements like in PM but on anyhting running on the PC? So it works in notepad or email client or anything..

What are you actually trying to do? rather than just using PM?

some jobs I have to put the captions in the email and not the iptc.. so PM no use at all for that.. well its one customer but a few jobs a wek..

Thank You!

Have you managed to download? It just runs the exe when i try ? have you a direct link you managed that I can try... pretty please :)

thats worked thanks.. maybe it was firefox.. i did look proper.. ta:)

Downloaded and works a treat.. But could be one step better.. all the replacements are stored as seperate small files.. would be good if stored in one text file I could easy manage in a text editor... could automate putting a whole team of players in instead of one by one...

some jobs I have to put the captions in the email and not the iptc.. so PM no use at all for that..
I've probably misunderstood your needs, but...

Photo Mechanic can automatically add the IPTC captions (or whatever 'variables' you desire) to emails if you use PM to "Send Photos via email...". Or if that's not suitable, you can export all the captions (along with file name, or any other 'variables') of many photos to a single text file, which you can simply copy & paste into your email in one go.

This won't work if PM doesn't support your desired email app, or if the photos sent must not contain any IPTC info (eg. caption info must be blank).

Otherwise search for a 'text expansion' program for PC. I use one all the time (but I'm on a Mac so can't make a recommendation) to save repeatedly typing out regularly used text or phrases. For example, I type "pqs" and it is automatically expanded to "Price, Quality, Speed - pick any two!", or "mnr" and my normal rates are pasted in - saves me loads of time and possible mistakes. It's usefulness is only limited by your imagination.

If I've completely misunderstood your needs, please accept my apologies for wasting your time reading this. :)

the local paper require

fileame
caption

filename
caption

in the email... this is live from pitchside... the PM options not viable speed wise and my email reader (forte agent) i cant attach to PM

So the text expansion as you suggest is exactly what i am doing in this thread :) but could do wiht one that stores shortcuts as a list.. putting a whole team in one by one also not a good option.. same as texty but a file listing the shortcuts would be perfect :)

Got one.... http://www.autohotkey.com/ Does exact as I need. can block add a whole team once i format it correctly... does a lot more as well but yeagh exact as I need thanks :)

You can save team sheets, ect by using excel and saving as CSV (comma delimited)
row 1 \c1 (\ at start so i wont type in accidentily)
row 2 player of XXX
row 3 \c2
ect ect

mite have a look at your one, sounds easier.

Last edited:
Just remeber to turn OFF code replacments in PM ..or it does everyhting twice.. thats preuming you use the same \?\ (makes life easier to remeber)

Yes.

When outputting selected photos (ie. Save As, Export, Upload, Printing Proofs and Send Photos via Email) in the dialog box there will be a 'Watermark...' button which allows you to setup your desired watermark.

Back