Photo printer recommendations please

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I have a budget of £100ish for a new A4 printer for printing out my photo's. I already have a Canon MP120 but would like a dedicated printer for my pix. Multi colour cartrages would be fine and by that i mean 4 colour + 1 Black or whatever.

I would like one that set's itself up automatically and any make will do but i do like Canon stuff.

I'm not after one of those compact printers that print direct from the card but a full size jobby.

Thanks in advance.

I use an Epson Stylus RX585 for smaller pics and its great, there maybe a newer model out now, had it over a year. qualit is good A4 quality is good aswell

Looked at this one in a local shop today:

Canon Pixma iP4600 at £75 It's their top of the range A4 printer with 1pl, 9600x2400dpi resolution, is that good enough for prints to hang on the wall or keep in an album for years?

Father Christmas brought me a Canon Pixma ip4600

Can't fault it turning out some good prints. I didnt like some of the reviews Epsom A4 printers were getting on Amazon.

Usually if you go to a local shop they are wildly more expensive but the one near where i work (Dorking, Surrey) has it up for the same price as many on line retailers including Amazon. So i may as well save on postage and get it from there plus if it goes wrong i can pop it straight back!!

I do like that Canon printer and it does stack up well against the others that are more expensive!

I use an Epson Stylus RX585 for smaller pics and its great, there maybe a newer model out now, had it over a year. qualit is good A4 quality is good aswell

Got the same one & very pleased with it .

Trouble is thats an all in one printer and i already have one of those for normal printing. Does look good though.

Back