Photo Printing !

IMO try @Tradecanvasprint

Good service and quality of prints on quality papers i.e. not just canvases :)

and they do A4 ? (very few actually do A4) hence why I use www.photobox.co.uk

I have just bene on there website.. you need to register before you can even find out what print sizes they do or what prices.... bit posh ...

@Box Brownie

I too have just been on there site. I have used them for camvases a good few years ago. I was well pleased with those.

Normaly use Dscl for any prints I require but don't mind passing cash to this company. They delivered real quick on the canavs products.

I get Fuji Pro Dpii Lustre usually.

Trade canvas seem to have Matt ultra 240 as the only matt selection do you have any experiance of these prints ?

Just wonder if this is an equivalent finish to what I'm used to.

Gaz

Last edited:
@cargo
To date my preference has been for 'pearl' finish papers.

HTH :)

Just posted about these guys I use : FPCO

Giclee (fine art) printing, no need to say more

Thanks for all the advice guys which is very, vey helpful and very much appreciated

Some colleagues at work have asked for prints of some of my photos and even possible canvas print. So what I am hoping to achieve is a good quality print which I what to mount on some white background card , perhaps with a black boarder !
Recently I went to a local Xmas market & Craft fair and two of the stalls were pro photographers selling local GB wildlife prints, key rings, cup coasters etc, and the other specializing in big aryrillic & canvas prints ranging from £10 to £1,200 ! ! !

Also I am looking to possibly creating a Etsy account to sell some prints online. What and where is the best place to get cardboard postage envelopes for A5, A4 size prints.
Should I just get them from Am*zon as they must be the King of postal packets / parcels ! ?

Perhaps send the same print to a numbers of labs and using different papers to see which you like
This is what I did a few years back, there was surprising variation in the results. It also gives you a good idea of the ordering/upload process etc.
Have a look at one vision imaging there are good
After my testing, I tend to use One Vision Imaging, especially for larger prints, as they are local to me and I can collect.

I've also used DSCL and had good results. Quality was excellent and speed also good.

I sent the same photo and had it printed on a variety of papers so I could judge the results. Depending upon what look you are after, the paper you choose will be important.

I've also used DSCL and had good results. Quality was excellent and speed also good.

I sent the same photo and had it printed on a variety of papers so I could judge the results. Depending upon what look you are after, the paper you choose will be important.

I agree paper will be a big factor for prints and also the finish on canvas prints as well.

I am hoping that the print Co can send the finished prints direct to the customer to ensure speed of turn around.

No advice but have to say thanks for reminding me I have an A3+ Epson Printer that I haven't used in three years. I'll get it out tomorrow and un-gum it as the ink has probably dried out now.

I agree paper will be a big factor for prints and also the finish on canvas prints as well.

I am hoping that the print Co can send the finished prints direct to the customer to ensure speed of turn around.

Have a good look at DSCL. Standard prints are dirt cheap (12x8 = 62p + VAT). For small orders the postage is often the major item!

They can send prints direct to the customer and when I had a bit of an issue with the colour balance on a recent order, they reprinted them FoC, even though I hadn't used their colour profile, so it was probably my fault.

Unless I'm printing for an exhibition I always use DSCL.

Have a good look at DSCL. Standard prints are dirt cheap (12x8 = 62p + VAT). For small orders the postage is often the major item!

They can send prints direct to the customer and when I had a bit of an issue with the colour balance on a recent order, they reprinted them FoC, even though I hadn't used their colour profile, so it was probably my fault.

Unless I'm printing for an exhibition I always use DSCL.

Is this the correct site ?

I would second this.
DSCL are good
Like Adrian I sent a single photo and had it printed on a variety of papers in order to judge. I found this a better way of comparing papers than ordering samples simply because the photo was mine and I knew the scene that i had photographed.

I would second this.
DSCL are good
Like Adrian I sent a single photo and had it printed on a variety of papers in order to judge. I found this a better way of comparing papers than ordering samples simply because the photo was mine and I knew the scene that i had photographed.

Good idea!

Be wary of using DSCL if you have any light coloured areas in your image. I've used them for years and not had a problem until a recent batch and they just fobbed me off, I even contacted Fuiji and they said they would raise the issue with their team.

The problem was previously their matt prints were using the Fuji Pro DPII Lustre paper with light grey coloured copyright text on the back, DSCL have swapped to Fuji Pro DPII Supreme paper paper with dark gold text on the back which shows up through the print in any light coloured areas and as these were being mounted it rendered them useless as you could read the text.

This is one of the affected images

#EDIT The attached example isn't the best as the forum has compressed the image, but you get the picture.

Sunrise-on-Penarth-Pier.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0466 copy.jpg
    DSC_0466 copy.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I use The Print Space, but it's a printing service.

I'm no expert and don't sell prints but have had some printed and framed recently from Dscl " long time user" I too remember the swap in the paper there using but in my cases I have seen no differance.

Sorry to confuse.

But felt it only fare to mention.

Gaz

I'm no expert and don't sell prints but have had some printed and framed recently from Dscl " long time user" I too remember the swap in the paper there using but in my cases I have seen no differance.

Sorry to confuse.

But felt it only fare to mention.

Gaz

Fair comment....

I’ve just had some A2 prints done by DSCL on the Fuji Professional DPII Maxima paper not cheap but I was very impressed with them. Probably good enough to make me think twice about buying an A2 printer when my A3 printer expires, given that I only tend to print A2 occasionally.

Plus, there’s no gold print on the back to show through!

What I am considering doing is ordering some A4 prints on different paper to check quality. Then will just give the prints away to friends and family.
It's not necessarily about using different papers to check for quality, i think it's more about different papers can enhance the print - e.g. some images could look better on a glossy, smooth or textured matt paper, etc.. and all those papers might be quality in their own right, just might not compliment the image in the same way.

giving prints away is a good idea, some friends had a few prints as Christmas presents this year :)

It's not necessarily about using different papers to check for quality, i think it's more about different papers can enhance the print - e.g. some images could look better on a glossy, smooth or textured matt paper, etc.. and all those papers might be quality in their own right, just might not compliment the image in the same way.

giving prints away is a good idea, some friends had a few prints as Christmas presents this year :)

I agree, you have a good point on different image will look good on different types of paper !

Giving prints away is the first step.

Do you know how to put signatory on images in LightRoom ! ?

How are you finding them? I’m presuming you’re using their dropshipping service to send direct to your customers?
To be honest I've only ordered 3 prints from them.

Quality of prints are fine.

No, they deliver to you and you have to send them off to your customers.

I also agree that different photos will look better on different types of paper.

I agree, you have a good point on different image will look good on different types of paper !

Giving prints away is the first step.

Do you know how to put signatory on images in LightRoom ! ?

Sorry no, I've never thought about adding a signature to a print..

I know there is something in the Export option, so you could look there

IMO if/when you sell prints you should not watermark/embed a signature in the print.

PS signing in the border of limited edition is more normal ;)

To be honest I've only ordered 3 prints from them.

Quality of prints are fine.

No, they deliver to you and you have to send them off to your customers.

I also agree that different photos will look better on different types of paper.
Ah, I thought you were referring to this service where they ship direct to your customers.

It appealed to me as I have a Squarespace website and their system integrates with it. Plus I don’t sell that many prints but it’s always a faff when I do - the fulfilment aspect is always a pain, eg having to buy packaging etc.

IMO if/when you sell prints you should not watermark/embed a signature in the print.
Well no - it would smack distinctly of commerce, wouldn't it? But I suppose that it all depends on the author's cultural stance & sensitivity - and that of any recipients!

I do sometimes see posted images (on Flickr etc) which if not actually watermarked, are garnished in a faux mount area by an elaborate signature, usually in a computer script typeface. This to me is a kind of smarmy posing & completely unnecesssary - perhaps paralleled by using the term 'giclée' for inkjet. The image is the thing, for f's sake. It shouldn't need a frilly dress.

Last edited:
Ah, I thought you were referring to this service where they ship direct to your customers.

It appealed to me as I have a Squarespace website and their system integrates with it. Plus I don’t sell that many prints but it’s always a faff when I do - the fulfilment aspect is always a pain, eg having to buy packaging etc.
Oh. Yes I use that website. I didn't know you can send prints directly to customers. Must be something new.

I don't think I would use it though because I would want to personalise the prints and packaging, i.e. sign the print myself, add the name of the print/location etc.

Last edited:
I have recently got a canvas done from https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk very pleased with it.

Don't be put off by the signing up part, I was at first but the only emails I have received from them is the signing up confirmation and emails relating to my canvas.

Not tried the print service as yet, but the prices are there once logged in .

I have recently got a canvas done from https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk very pleased with it.

Don't be put off by the signing up part, I was at first but the only emails I have received from them is the signing up confirmation and emails relating to my canvas.

Not tried the print service as yet, but the prices are there once logged in .
I have bought prints from them and well pleased with the service and quality.

As far as I recall, at least in regard to canvasses, they do offer a "white label service" (drop ship service) :thinking:

Back