(Photo)Realistic Motorcycle Artworks

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
No
:wave:Hello all,

I have posted a few times on here, mainly motorcycle/motorsport photography and I enjoy it very much. Looking forward to the 2010 Season at Knockhill.

Anyway,

Photography for me has and always will be a personal passion, not a commercial one. I don't enjoy the thought of scrabbling against everyone for ends meat etc.
Instead I wondered how I could perhaps use my photography to start another hobby of mine, artworks.

Now I will try my best to beat the scepticism immediately by saying that my artworks are not photoshopped photographs, or photoshopped filters of photographs. The artworks are all hand drawn from scratch, using only an extremely enlarged (and thus pixellated) photograph as reference for placement and sometimes colours. I then use my other photographs/manufacturers websites for sponsors and details etc. Of course due to depth of field etc, often parts of the bike/cars are totally out of focus, so a lot of the artwork is created from these reference photographs and other sources.

Upon first viewing you will probably think it's a photograph, but I invite you to delve a little further in to the piece and you'll soon notice that there are brush strokes, little mistakes and a lot of characteristics that make it impossible to be a photograph (like no noise.)

Anyway, enough of the chat:

art_glen_detail.jpg

web_03.jpg

web_04.jpg

web_05.jpg

web_06.jpg

I am currently working on a new artwork of Ben Spies that I hope you'll check out. It's due to be finished at the end of February. Please click here to go to my artwork website and read more about them. (y)

2010-02-15c2.jpg

Thanks all,

Gordon

Last edited:
Hi all,

Many thanks for these great comments. Did you have a chance to visit the website?

I appreciate it,

My best

Gordon

What a talent, Great website.

I am in awe of your talent and the time you must have put in learning to produce work to such a high standard :clap:

:)

Thank you all so very much!

It's really motivating to hear such great feedback, especially as I'm just starting out.

I am hoping to finish Ben Spies before March, so if you can, keep checking the website. I know it's rude to ask forums folks to navigate away, so very sorry about that.

I am pretty tied up every single night doing these artworks, much to my girlfriends frustration, but I keep saying to her that you have to put in the effort at the start if you want to get somewhere. I am really hoping people like these enough to get the ball rolling.

I've been getting a good lot of interest with the Glen Richards one, but I feel that a lot of people think it's great, but aren't really interested in owning one. I am hoping to change that with Spies as he's a lot more known around the globe.

Fingers crossed anyway...

Thanks again for your great feedback (and keep it coming please! :D)

All the best,

Gordon

Hi All,

Quick update:

bsb_spies2.jpg

Almost there! It's looking sweet as a nut at 100% (this is around 40% crop)

Got myself an exhibition stand at the 2010 Perth Art Trail (scotland) in May (29th + 30th), so if any of you fellow Scots are bored one Weekend, come and see me! Bit nervous about it, but by May I will hopefully have 1-2 more artworks.

Check out the artwork website for all the updates and future updates.

All the best

Gordon

You should do one of lorenzo, hopefully he will be on his back a bit more this year and give you a few more options ;) haha, but they are very good! nice work.

These are awesome. You have an amazing talent and don't worry about the exhibition people will love them.

Looks fantastic!

Well done!

Fantastic work,well done.:clap::clap::)(y)

I'm dead jealous - one of the reasons I photograph is that I can't make pictures any other way - wish I could draw like that!

N

Glad to see another photoshop painter in here, congratulations on this piece its fantastic, having attempted to do somthing similar with an image of Rossi, i know how mental and frustrating this stuff can be.

Big props for capturing the material folds so well, really liking the detail (its what made me give up on mine).

Good luck with the next one, and the expo :)

Simply fantastic, will try to get up to Perth in May.

Wow!

What a response! I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I never got praise or feedback like this with my photographs, so I am deeply relieved for making the move to artworks.

For graphix501, I find the leather/fabric folds the most rewarding and the thing that really makes the artwork burst off the page. I would urge you to stick at it because it really is worth it in the end.

ben_05.jpg

Please if you can, make it to the art festival, I would love to meet you all.

Oh and who's this guy posing as me? There surely can't be another Gordon Fraser on the planet??

Thank you all so much for the amazing uplifting boost. I am just so chuffed!

Ill keep you updated as I go. Keep checking the website.

All the best

Gordon

Hi all,

A quick update for you,

My #003 artwork is complete. In hope that the feedback will be as positive as last time, here it is!

2010-05-11.jpg

#003 Troy Bayliss - Xerox Ducati

It's taken a lot shorter time this time (5 weeks) and I am extremely chuffed with it.

Also a quick note regarding my exhibition at the Perth Art Festival on the 29th and 30th May, Tay Street, Perth, Scotland.

Special discounts on the day for anyone that turns up!

Thanks all for looking (and putting up with me)

All the best

Gordon

Back