Photo selling websites please

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Deviantart is ok but it's more american based with it's selling and if you delete a photo sometimes the prints stay behind!. Redbubble fantastic setup for selling prints however i had to leave RB because they oversharpen and tweak your images to have them appear better for selling :bang:. Sufficed to say it's ruined a number of mine, however they print what you send them not what shows on their website

Anyway any other recommendations?, i have a few people interested in buying my prints but i want it easier for them and any future products

Bit expensive if you want to sell prints?, i might not sell any yet lol

Redbubble was atleast free as was DA

I use Gallery 2, Gallery 3 is out now but I've no idea what it's like. It's free and you can sell pics and images via Paypal. You need to work at in and customise the colours etc to blend in with your website but once you get there it's great. I've seen some really good examples. I have over 55,000 pics on my site using Gallery 2.

About 50 are maybe sellable :LOL:

Some advanced landscape photographers are asking £300 per print, ok they're very nice but who has that sort money to spend, council office departments ? :eek:
I'm on Redbubble but i'd imagine it would be difficult for me to sell anything for £20 :(
Good luck if you can manage to get some sales.

Do you want a site that has a print plugin option? ie; they order the prints online and they receive them direct from the printers, you have no control or involvement with what they receive from the printers?

I use Gallery 2, Gallery 3 is out now but I've no idea what it's like. It's free and you can sell pics and images via Paypal. You need to work at in and customise the colours etc to blend in with your website but once you get there it's great. I've seen some really good examples. I have over 55,000 pics on my site using Gallery 2.

About 50 are maybe sellable :LOL:

What plugins do you use in Gallery?

I've had a play, but they are all US sites, and I cannot see a way to link to paypal!

Other than that it seems ok!

There's a whole list of plugins that you can download for installing. The 'checkout' plugin is the main basket module and the you can chose Paypal for the payment process.

It did take me a while to get my head round it but I've been using it for a few years now and punters have never had any issues.

There's a whole list of plugins that you can download for installing. The 'checkout' plugin is the main basket module and the you can chose Paypal for the payment process.

It did take me a while to get my head round it but I've been using it for a few years now and punters have never had any issues.

Cheers (sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought it relevant!)

I did the checkout plugin, but dont like the fact you have to bring down the side menu to select add to cart.
Am I missing a simpler way?
Is there not a button that can be added under the image?

Cheers

Back