photo shoot up the woods

Name
Joe Earley
Edit My Images
Yes
hey hey! recently went up the woods with me mate coz he wanted some new photos, he took his guitar up too which I suppose was the prop & well just to show he's dead keen on playing guitar? only recently started using my Slave flash, currently using one atm as im skint & still looking for work so I dont have alot of money to spank out on shiney camera gear, ill put up a couple I liked, Just wondered what you though? :)

enjoi

6-3.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-3.jpg

9-3.jpg

10-3.jpg

24-3.jpg

2 and 5 are the best of that bunch for me

both could easily be a cd cover shot for him :)

I really like number 6.
not quite sure who is the subject though, guitar or your mate. But it definately works.

I like number 6 :coat:

None of them really work for me except #6

1st shot seems too soft and Im seriously distracted by the highlights on his t.shirt & trainer on his outstretched leg. Subject also looks posed.

#2 Looks too central & small in the vast space around him, but if that was the look you were going for, then youve nailed it.

#3 same as above really and the purple caste you have going on doesnt really work for me.

#4 Waaaay too much deadspace on the bottom.

#5 He looks 'staged' and uncomfortably posed again, & the empty space on the right doesnt work, it all feels 'too square'.

#6 Really like this one, just the right amount of space around him without him looking technically lost in it.

I like the way youve used the light here, the diagonal falls nicely on your subject and as a lead-in...the guitar leaps out at you wonderfully.
The pose doesnt look stereotypical, the forest doesnt take over your subject though the viewer is very aware of the vastness of it.

Yup .. def #6 (y)

Back