Photo site for selling downloads and prints for events

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
A few months ago someone suggested a site where you could upload your images for sale. They take about 15% commission on the sale
and handle the payment (via paypal). Prints can be ordered either via the site or direct from yourself.
The images stay on the site for a limited time, 6 months I think.

I thought I had bookmarked the thread but apparently not. I've done a few searches but still can't find it.

Can anyone help?

Also looking for one of these! Photobox used to do it (pro account) but they stopped it.

I was looking for one where they take a cut rather than monthly charge but I don't think you can.

Last edited:
There is/was one, someone on here suggested it. I must start writing things down.

Boolean. On the face of it it that looks exactly what I am looking for.
Many thanks.

Zenfolio will do the job, I used to use them. There is a choice of using one vision imaging or photobox to fulfil orders, or you can do it yourself. There is an annual cost which varies depending on the package and then they take a cut for the lab fulfilled options.

I am now trialling pixiset which seems to be a simpler tool to use. There are free and paid packages and you can use loxely at a 15% commission or self fulfil for free. So potentially there is a completely free option there which is what I am currently trying out.

EyeEm sell your prints via the Getty Images stock library and their own marketplace, but they take a cut - not sure how much

Never heard of Picfair so had a quick gander.

Certainly seems like a new model, reading the buyer terms they look "strong" but what caught my eye was that the only control(?) over the buyer is 'misuse of license is your responsibility'.

Now how does that compare to other stock type sites. As it reads, Picfair will not protect the photographers IP so down to the tog to pursue the infringer.

Oh, and at the prices I see on PF you would need to upload a lot and get good high sales per image to make money.

Last edited:
Back