Photo-spheres

Name
Steve, Coventry, England
Edit My Images
Yes
Is any one else interested?

I started must be about 8 years ago, then stopped for no particular reason.

Generated them either with a camera (up to 72 shots per sphere) or with an Android phone.
Then the Android app stopped working on later phones, and I think that may be why I gave up, plus family overseas who were very keen, didn't do anything :)

Got a new phone yesterday, and discovered the old app works again, plus now with Affinity to make the final product look better, may have another go.

Just wondered if any one else does them, and how?

I remember doing something that sounds the same idea donkeys years back, I seem to remember it used photoshop, maybe a plug-in? I only ever did one or two playing about. Didn't know it was still a thing.

I have never seen Photoshop mentioned as a way to create them, but a plugin would be likely :)

The images end up like this, then with a viewer you can look all around and up and down.
pano7.jpg

The only place I see them commonly is in property adverts now, and on google maps

The dji drones can do this and if you upload to facebook it works there quite well as an image you can drag about in all directions.
To do that doesn't need any additional processing or converting. I wonder if it works with 360 cameras such as insta 360 too.

Last edited:
The dji drones can do this and if you upload to facebook it works there quite well as an image you can drag about in all directions.
To do that doesn't need any additional processing or converting. I wonder if it works with 360 cameras such as insta 360 too.
Is there a master file you upload to FB?

I've got the mini 2 and couldn't work out how to view the 360 image without the DJI Fly app.

Any help gratefully received.

Is there a master file you upload to FB?

I've got the mini 2 and couldn't work out how to view the 360 image without the DJI Fly app.

Any help gratefully received.
Facebook used to require specific dimensions to work. I remember there being a template.

Interesting on the drones, but I enjoy making it for people to see what I see standing in a particular place, and seeing the same of other places.

The Android camera app requires no additional processing, but of course using a camera does.

I just tried fb, The spheres from the Android app upload to fb with nothing more needed, and work without problem.

Back