PhotoBlogs - Anyone know of any good blog software?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya all.......

As the questions I spose, I'm redeveloping my website and now I'm thinking about turning it into a photoblog? due to me practically being out with my camera all the time now :)

Looking for something that looks simple but smart and most of all "professional" :)

Any ideas? I've looked about and can't find many that take my fancy :(

Thanks for your help all........

Ed :)

Ask Tony_B.

I think that Tony's site (http://photoreflect.blogspot.com) is very professional, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you what/who he uses...

wordpress is very good, you can integrate Zenphoto into it

Aww shucks, you'll make me blush :)

My photoblog was hand-written so it's not software that can be downloaded as I made it myself. I wrote it using PHP/MySQL. If you already know some web coding (HTML and CSS being a good start) then PHP is pretty easy to pick up. I learnt it in about a month but if you don't already know some HTML stuff then I'd expect it to take a lot longer.

Most of the photoblogs I check regularly (Chromasia / John Washington / etc) use Movable Type or PixelPost as their script, although Chromasia's has had a fair bit of customisation, I think.

i tried wordpress and found it crap (possibly because i didnt have enough time to customise it

i made my own html page but ive removed it because it got abused by the ****stains at work

i'm sure you can get ones that you can authorise the comments on before they appear.

that chromasia blog is fantastic jamey, cheers for the link i shall keep my eye on it.

Most scripts will give you the option to pre-mod comments if you want. I'd advise against it though. People won't tend to keep coming back if they don't get that instant interactivity from the site. Daily Dose is an exception but I think he probably had a huge following before he started pre-moderating comments. Could be wrong, mind but the point remains - first impressions count and on the internet, users/visitors love real interactivity.

Typing a comment and seeing it appear on a website before your eyes feels live, nice, exciting, like you're adding to something. Typing a comment and seeing a message saying "your comment will appear after checking" just feels like you're suggesting a change to the webmaster and he'll see if he deems it worthy, which people don't like and it dramatically reduces your repeat business, so to speak.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help (as usual) I will look into this!

Ed :)

Back