Photobooth software

Moz

Edit My Images
No
Im currently in the process of building a photobooth to use at weddings, of which I will post details when Ive built it. However I need some software to actually take the photos.

Now I have it set up in Lightroom and using the tether function with a remote release(ie my method of letting everyone semi take there own photos, Ill hard install this into the booth and make a button to hide the fact its remote release.) Im wondering if there is a way to have a delay so I can install a count down timer to the side...

Also I want to then process the photo(filters ect. which can be done in LR) and have them auto upload to Facebook... Is there a script that I can customise to do this type of job?

Or is there some software that I can purchase that will do all this for me?
I have had a look at the software on the 'Photoboof' website but £400 is a little more than I would like to spend.

Ill be using a Nikon D200 and macbook pro.

Hope someone can offer some advice, Thanks.

first question would be whether or not Photobooth on the Mac could be used in some way?

The fact that you're looking to process the images in LR suggests not though, and I'm a bit confused because a photobooth suggests relatively low quality snaps, while a DSLR and Lightroom suggests the opposite?

Delay should be dead simple; just set the self time, and have the same button start a clock that's on view, or rely on the camera's flashing and beeping!

I have no idea re scripting Lightroom, but believe it is scriptable. The bit that's certainly relatively easy to do is the Facebook upload; just attach a folder action to the folder that the images will be exported to, and have it e-mail the photo's to Facebook, if it can't be set up to upload directly.

I think you might be better off asking these questions somewhere like MacOSXhints.com though.

Last edited:
Back