Photobox and discounts

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
This is not about, should I use photobox or someone else. I have used photobox purely for all my old family photos, which is a cheapish way of containing them all together, and in fairness they have worked very well. I did have one wedding A3 flat book made some years ago and it was very good.

Anyway,
My issue is with there offers as from today, I have just made an enquiry on there latest offers on an A4 Personalised photobook which is advertised at up to 60%, so having a browse I see its at 48%, after speaking to a non caring chat lady, she explains that its up to 60%, to obtain the full 60% I have to purchase the book, I can then get the full discount by buying a total of 160 pages, as I explained to her this felt very confusing and that I did not like the way it was advertised, all I got back in return was, Sorry you feel that way, is there anything else I can help you with... After checking al the books there is not one that starts at 60%..
Just wondered what others thought of this type of advertising.

Last edited:
I think you will find many people hers have moved on from Photobox.
Unless you spend money with them they are not interested.
That latest is just a scam to sell photo books.

I’ve never had an issue with them. They have regular discounts, and while I’ve never had a book off them, their very large prints are usually quite a bit cheaper than DS Colour Labs if you buy them with a discount.

Yes there prints are ok, but I am basing my experience on there sales ethnics.

After wring a lengthy email to them, I received a reply yesterday,
Thanks for your email and your feed back.

I can only apologise if our offers are not meeting your expectations

and that they are updated frequently reflecting excellent value.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,

David Anton

Not sure if he read my email fully, as he has not reflected on it in his reply. Its just so disappointing that they do not make it clearer as to where or how you pick up that extra to take you to 60%.
Now I am looking else where for my prints and books.

I haven't used Photobox for a while - I'm fed up with the situation regarding high list prices which are then used as a basis for this sort of variable discounting makes them a nightmare to deal with if you say print a book for the family or friemds, and then get asked for reprints.

I have received my first couple of deliveries from them, a mono canvas that looks really good although a little loose on the frame.
And a set of 12 prints at 7x5" which all look really good.
Happily all look almost identical to the images on my monitor, so I am now confident that I can order images from them and they will look how I expect.
With the 30% discount I am very happy and now just waiting on an A3 poster to see how that looks so I can judge my own PP at larger print sizes.

I have received my first couple of deliveries from them, a mono canvas that looks really good although a little loose on the frame.
And a set of 12 prints at 7x5" which all look really good.
Happily all look almost identical to the images on my monitor, so I am now confident that I can order images from them and they will look how I expect.
With the 30% discount I am very happy and now just waiting on an A3 poster to see how that looks so I can judge my own PP at larger print sizes.

Ben, you maybe in the wrong section / subject. I have no issues with there quality, my concerns was about there sales tactics, which are some what confusing, also the trickery way they try and reel people in.

Ben, you maybe in the wrong section / subject. I have no issues with there quality, my concerns was about there sales tactics, which are some what confusing, also the trickery way they try and reel people in.
It's not a new tactic. I've seen other "upto" % sales before that work that way. Where you have to spend more to get the top discount.
I would mention that I also received a £10 off my next order over £40 with the items I ordered with the current 30% off code.

Back