PhotoBox OR loxely Colour???

andiphoto

Knock-Off Nigel
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I dont know if this is in the correct thread..

I havent used either but i am getting my first job to take some photos of a couple of peoples baby and kids.

i dont want to charge too much but ive been told that loxely colour is better than photobox but i have had a quick look at loxely and there website is much to be desired compared to photobox.

Whats your opinion on who is better and why?

loxleys every time, photobox are much cheaper and it shows, for quick and easy photobox for quality and proper colour managed images loxleys

i think to be honest they wouldnt know the difference.. just want some decent pics of there kids.. i think the prints would be the bonus..

DS Colour Labs mate. Cheap but quality stuff and they despatch s/hot, next day.

Andy

Loxley every time. I had been a Photobox customer for many years but decided to abandon them for Loxley after Photobox on many occasions made an awful job of some important work. They consistently printed things too dark and quite often with weird colour casts. Loxley on the other hand have been faultless.

Don't worry about their website. All ordering is done through their custom software which installs on your PC. Its far better than the Photobox website based system.

Andy.

I've just tried using DSCLabs for the first time - their postage prices are insane though. £4 to send 10 photos by first class post. Crazy.

Photobox are very unreliable, I have had to send back around half the stuff I order and they also lost one of my orders and it was a nightmare getting it reordered.

Quality wise, Loxley are streets ahead of Photobox!

I've just tried using DSCLabs for the first time - their postage prices are insane though. £4 to send 10 photos by first class post. Crazy.

Sounds like DSCLabs is only good price-wise if you're ordering lots? Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking for a Photobox alternative after having been disappointed with a number of prints I've got from them.

Sounds like DSCLabs is only good price-wise if you're ordering lots? Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking for a Photobox alternative after having been disappointed with a number of prints I've got from them.

Or collecting in store! I'm lucky enough to have one of their branches near by :)

Yep Loxley's Website isn't as easy as Photobox, but to be fair it is aimed at a different market - Loxley is aimed at Pros (but will let anyone sign up) Photobox is aimed at Joe Public.

Once you've signed up to Loxley you get to download their ROES system to upload photos to and it is one of the easiest and most powerful tools I've ever used.

Tbh the only time I ever use Photobox is for snaps, and even then only if I've got one of their voucher codes for free prints! The quality just isn't good enough imo.

If Pbox would let you colour manage images then they might be worth looking at. I've just gone to Loxley after Leach stopped doing printing, and am really happy with the customer service and quality.

Loxley for me!

I ordered pics at 2pm Wed and they arrived next morning. I use the ROES software.

I use both and for different purposes. Wedding work - Loxley - personal work Photobox :)

Actually starting to print most myself with my R2400. Results I want and much faster!

it tired to download there roes software but it just downloaded a 2k file...

ive downloaded the pro software thing fine...

Loxley, better quality and actually cheaper than Photobox for anything over around 12x8. They also do a larger range of sizes, not just the usual ones, which is aways good.

im finding it really hard to do anything with loxely... take me about 10mins to find a price list and also cant download ROES.

im finding it really hard to do anything with loxely... take me about 10mins to find a price list and also cant download ROES.

What is stopping the download?

I dont know if this is in the correct thread..

I havent used either but i am getting my first job to take some photos of a couple of peoples baby and kids.

i dont want to charge too much but ive been told that loxely colour is better than photobox but i have had a quick look at loxely and there website is much to be desired compared to photobox.

Whats your opinion on who is better and why?

same machines different prices I'd just use photobox

I like Photobox, their prices seem very reasonable, and Loxley seem to print good photos too. But which is better................

harryhill_fight.jpg

:D:D

Hi Has anyone done photo books with Loxley Colour? Doing a photo book next month, thinking about doing one with Loxley Colour or Photobox, did a photo book with Photobox last year, I was happy with the book, are the photo books with Loxely Colour better? :)

Ah, a vent about photobox thread, just what I need :LOL:

I placed a small order a few days ago for a 10x7 and a few smaller ones. They arrived next day, but they are all too dark. The 10x7 is lighter than the small ones, but still a lot darker than my upload. So I rang photobox when they opened, and was told replacements would be done and posted by the end of the day. They didn't turn up. SO I rang them today again, and the guy I spoke to was incredibly rude. He asked me who I'd spoken to along with what pictures I needed re printing. Giving me the impression they had not been re done at all. When I said this, he insisted they had as it was showing on his system (so why did he need to ask me that? :bang:). Anyway the call ended with me hanging up on him vowing not to use them again.

I've given them chance after chance, and it seems every time they mess something up.

Back