South-West England Photogenic landscapes near Lynmouth?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking of spending a couple of days in Lynmouth/Lynton in Devon in April and wondering if anyone is familiar with the area for landscapes -- towns and people too if the opportunity arises -- but mostly landscapes. Where should I go? I'm taking my van but also taking my electric bike for those harder-to-reach places.

We spent a Monday to Friday in Minehead in a caravan in October.

Ummmmm...... Dunster Village and Castle, Blue Anchor, Watchet, Lynton and Lynmouth themselves, Watersmeet, Valley of Rocks, Porlock and the dead trees, Hurlstone Point, Selworthy, Horner Wood, Exmoor! The steam train might be running in April I would have thought - Blue Anchor it runs alongside the beach.

We spent a Monday to Friday in Minehead in a caravan in October.

Ummmmm...... Dunster Village and Castle, Blue Anchor, Watchet, Lynton and Lynmouth themselves, Watersmeet, Valley of Rocks, Porlock and the dead trees, Hurlstone Point, Selworthy, Horner Wood, Exmoor! The steam train might be running in April I would have thought - Blue Anchor it runs alongside the beach.

Thanks, I'll look them up. I have already been to Dunster Castle and village, just a couple of years ago on the motorbike, on the same journey that we came up Porlock Hill. However we didn't really stop anywhere else so all the other places you mentioned are new to me and although I obviously know of Exmoor, I've never travelled in its hills.

Dunster Village and Castle, Lynton and Lynmouth themselves, Watersmeet and Porlock were the first places that came to mind, in addition to "Exmoor" in general. I also like the area around Croyde and Ilfracombe if you fancy a drive out.

Back