Photographers badges or pass at equestrian events

Usually the organisers is the first port of call, secondly the venue. Passes are usually free if you pass the vetting procedure - letter from your editor, proof or revelent published work, sufficient insurance to meet their needs and so on...

ah ok thanks. as i only have my own website and sell prints via that and also at craft fairs etc do you think i would get a pass or not? dont wana embarress myself by asking organisers if i have no chance of a pass

No, what would the organisers make out of lining your pockets :LOL:

Moving to Talk Sports :)

ah ok thanks. as i only have my own website and sell prints via that and also at craft fairs etc do you think i would get a pass or not? dont wana embarress myself by asking organisers if i have no chance of a pass

Nope. Why would they let you in if you are not enhancing the visibility of their event in the press and other media?

If I were you, I'd start with establishing a relationship with your local polo club that enables you to take pics of their punters. Note that most polo clubs will alreayd have a club photographer who you are going to annoy as you'll be attacking their market directly.

Once you have plenty of portfolio quality shots, you may want to approach the polo press (Polo Times are great and actually pay) to offer to shoot for them. They are unlikely to take you up on this as they already have many polo shooters on their books. However, if you were to blag in successfully, they may sponsor you for press accreditation to an event.

No short cuts. I did 2 years watching inept and downright boring polo players attempt to control their ponies before I got anywhere near getting proper accreditation.

On the other hand you can always wander over to Guards and take pictures from the sideline for free (if it's not finals day). They may throw you out as it's private property, and their established shooters will hate you and you'll sever any slim chances you had in the first place.

Back