Photographic speakers

Name
Liam
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for ideas on which speakers to book for next years camera club lectures.

We are in Blackburn, Lancashire and would be looking for recommendations for speakers in the north west area.

Any good stories of well presented lectures/club nights would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Liam

I think the Royal Photographic Society regularly host lectures, so you could try speaking to them and seeing if they have a network of contacts you could ask.

We had a lady called Christine Widdall MPAGB, EFIAP, BPE5 and she was excellent. She is a lecturer for one of the printing paper companies so she talks mainly about prints. If I remember right she's not to far from you in Saddleworth. You should be able to contact her through Google.

Cheers Keith

We had a lecture by Len Grant, a Manchester based documentary photographer recently, and he was very well received. He made a lot of us think and inspired one or two to start photographic projects, aiming to produce a set of images instead of just trying to produce single, perfect images.
Recommended.

Margaret Salisbury from North Wales is a great speaker, and Adrian Lines did a good talk at my club Leyland last year. You might also approach Martin birchall who is a former press photographer based in Adlington who I think does talks. I studied photography with him at Runshaw college and he has some fabulous photographs to talk about.

I saw your earlier thread about camera clubs and didn't realise you are in Blackburn. To be honest, given the changing demographics of the town, I think the type of people who go to camera clubs are moving out of Blackburn. Leylands membership has gone up noticeably in recent years, and chorley are doing well, both smaller towns than Blackburn. I notice that the L&CPU site gives Blackburns membership as 45, is that somewhat out of date now?

If you could get Phil and Gwen Charnock from Wigan to come along you would witness a superb presentation. They came to our club in Leicester last season and showed us some fantastic photos and gave great advice.

If you could get Phil and Gwen Charnock from Wigan to come along you would witness a superb presentation. They came to our club in Leicester last season and showed us some fantastic photos and gave great advice.

Seconded, the Charnocks are excellent!

Back