Photographing Golf event

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Guys I shot a few golf tournaments back in 2009 in Malaysia and got some lovely shots using a Nikon D3s plus 300mm f2.8. My current set up is a nikon D850 with my 600mm f4 E FL ED lens.

Question, what F Stop would you guys recommend for the action shots, i'm thinking wide open and 1/2000 + if its a sunny day and let auto ISO correct the exposure, or maybe stop it down to about 5.6.......what do you guys think?

Neil

Its all about light.... the faster shutter you can get when they hit that ball the better... we cant possibly give you settings without knowing the lighting.. might be overcast on the day.. we dont know the background to the players.. as in close or far away if you want to isolate them .... So all i would say is whetever gets your shutter speed up is best :)

Its all about light.... the faster shutter you can get when they hit that ball the better... we cant possibly give you settings without knowing the lighting.. might be overcast on the day.. we dont know the background to the players.. as in close or far away if you want to isolate them .... So all i would say is whetever gets your shutter speed up is best :)
Yep thats what I thought, shoot in manual at F4 1/2000 and whatever ISO makes the correct exposure
Thanks

Neil

Back