Photographing the photographer

Name
Alistair
Edit My Images
No
So, you may have seen that @Iren and I met up recently to take some portraits as she was after some shots to use for her photography website/FB page.

Her shots of me are available in this thread here

I think we both got some good shots despite the cold and the wind.
In shot 2 below, I think the wind helped as it gave life to the hair.
1 and 3 have the same approximate processing with 2 working well in B&W and 4 being a more matt colour palette.
For reference all these were taken with Canon 6D and the Tamron 90mm f2.8 VC Macro, which I'm loving the bokeh on these.

Here are a selection of my favourites:
1)
IMG_1093a-1a-sm.jpg

2)
IMG_1107a-2-sm.jpg

3)
IMG_1125a-2-sm.jpg

4)
IMG_1177a-1-sm.jpg

I'm really happy with them, but if you have comment or critique, I'm all ears.

She is a bit of a natural beauty isn't she :) Very engaging images. As I said on Irina's thread I'm not a huge fan of B&W but I do like the one here. Nice subtle processing, nice relaxed poses and nice use of light. Good job both.

Liking these too. 1 & 2 being the bestest. Yes the wind gives that image something extra.

Gaz

Ps: Was there a reflector used on any of these ?

Last edited:
Liking these too. 1 & 2 being the bestest. Yes the wind gives that image something extra.

Gaz

Ps: Was there a reflector used on any of these ?

Thanks.

There was a reflector used on the first shot, you can just about see it reflected in the eyes. Given the grey day, the light was actually quite good in the sense that the light cloud diffused the light rather than it being in bright spots.

Back