Photography and video show 2024

Seeing all the whiners and opposing supporters for London i've decided to launch the following events;

Camera Fest North - entry £1 and a free chips and gravy meal
Camera Fest South - entry £527 and £35 for the cloakroom
Whinging Gits Fest - probably somewhere in Wales, the permanently outraged capital of the UK, first 100 entrants get their own empty room to themselves in which they are welcome to start a fight in.

It takes me 2.30 hrs to get to the NEC and I ain't whinging. The underground is a dirty s***hole, I'd rather not frequent.
I actually prefer walking 10miles to undergrounds

Interesting about London. I live in Cornwall so I have to travel a long way to go just about anywhere useful (my nearest British Superbikes venue, for example, is Thruxton, three hours away) but my son lives in London so free accommodation for me and a short tube ride to the event; roll on 2025, I'll wait until then.

I've just given my feedback via the email questionnaire they sent.

I've been spoilt over recent years as I live in Solihull, so of course I don't want it to move :)

I have to travel to London now and again on the train and underground for work and I don't think I'll bother next year. I hate travelling to London (probably because of the times I typically travel) and the underground is disgusting (imo).

So unless I get lucky and can tie it in with a client meeting or trip to one of the examining bodies down there that I work with, I'm out as the dragons would say.

Wouldn't have minded elsewhere..just not London.

That being said, it will be better for those who find it easier to get to London than the NEC. So I can't complain.

Last edited:
I will go when they are back at the NEC, not going to go to London for this. Not economical enough for me to go. It would be a 3 hour alone in the car before any tube or walking, and the double it. Unlike the NEC where it is close enough I can get away with eating before and not buy food there, I won't be able to do that with London unless I bring my own.

Last edited:
Feedback left. I indicated on the "venue" question "anywhere except London and possibly Wales".

Feedback left. I indicated on the "venue" question "anywhere except London and possibly Wales".
I did the same but only mentioned London

There is some show in Newport which is barely Wales in June. I don't know if it's worth the time but at least it is not multiple hours away

Never been economical for me to go to Birmingham for this, so personally I welcome the possibility of the show being at the eXcel. 45 mins from door to venue. Excellent (y)

I have to admit, I find the outrage to this change of venue quite amusing. Ive never been able to justify going to Birmingham for it, but have always just thought 'oh well...such is life...it is what it is' etc

Never been economical for me to go to Birmingham for this, so personally I welcome the possibility of the show being at the eXcel. 45 mins from door to venue. Excellent (y)

I have to admit, I find the outrage to this change of venue quite amusing. Ive never been able to justify going to Birmingham for it, but have always just thought 'oh well...such is life...it is what it is' etc
Middle of the country is MUCH easier for the majority.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but apparently it was announced that it'll be moving to eXcel London for 2025, then alternating with Brum after that. What a shame.

That's going to spoil the party for the Societies show that happens yearly in Hammersmith... been past 2 years and it is a shadow of the shows that took place pre-covid (some great deals there but not for what I was after (CFE Type B card £129. Amazon £100).

I enjoyed Focus on Imaging went I went regularly in the 90's and in 2007, plenty of freebies (like film). Been to the Photo show once and apart from a small accessory for the black rapid sling that was all I came away with...

Back