Photography Blogging

Name
Edward Fury
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Just wandered how many of you actually keep an active blog for your photography work, general thoughts and ramblings?

I have recently started to blog a bit more on my own, I would appreciate it if you could have a look, and tell me what you think. Or even better begin to follow my work and my daily thoughts and insights into the world of photography.

http://eddfury.tumblr.com/

Have a look at the link above if you have the time. All of the work I post is my own.

Thanks

I've had a blog now for 4 years, although I didn't post to the first one very often. Since I moved to wordpress in July 2008, I've had the goal of posting twice a week, which I managed until recently when work and family commitments have had priority. That's the key to blogging, regular posts, especially once you've got over the initial surge of enthusiasm. I try to have a pool of articles written in advance that I can post when I've got less time on my hands.

My critique on yours would be lovely photos, but I'd recommend you check your spelling before posting. I'd also like to read some insight as to how and why you took the photos.

thanks guys

Blogged for a while then got a bit bored with it. Just started again though. It's really good fun if you have a lot to say and can be great for Traffic.

I've been blogging for about 3 years, I try to post whenever I have a decent new picture to share. Although that doesn't seem to be enough recently.

For anyone that is interested it is at blog.lewiscraik.co.uk

And me too. Started it in 2009 - shortly after I finished my infamous '365 and have kept it going since then, where I average about two posts a week.

Is it okay to peddle my wares? :D ;) :naughty: : http://idjmedia.blogspot.com/

I have been doing it too.

http://davidwalkerphotographyblog.wordpress.com/

Lately I have been overwhelmed with my dissertation for my degree, so it's kind of taken a back seat. I have not been getting the time to go out photographing for myself much so have a severe lack of shots to talk about. But I do try to make up for the lack or regular posts with the occasional 'how to' guide on specific things, which seem to keep a consistent flow of viewers.
Though maybe the irregularity of my posts is what stops my viewers becomming subscribers. :thinking:

@eddo123 You take some beautiful photographs.

Tumblr is a blog for posting inspiration for me.
I've had a 'behind the scenes' kind of blog before but never one with work on.

Last edited:
Thanks Ashly Rose. Have been considering changing it over to a wordpress blog, they seem a little more professional...

You have a good base of things on your tumblr for inspiration, I take it your influenced by fashion..

@eddo123 Thank you.
Mm, creative portraits of any kind {fashion or not} so I guess? hahaha.

Some really nice blogs listed here. I'm thinking of starting my own blog because although I've been interested in photography for a while, I got my first dslr for Christmas. I've even half-promised myself I'll do a 365. We'll see!

After realising I enjoy Photography, I wanted somewhere to display my work online. I first considered a blog, but they tend to be unpopular and gain little traffic. So I turned to Flickr. It's very similar to a blog in that you can write about your photos in depth but it also has the added benefits of being so popular. I add my photos to relevant groups and it gains them views and exposure. I pay for a Flickr pro account to boost my options and see my stats. Has been really effective and I would recommend to anyone looking to blog their photos.

I am just starting to look at different options like blogging, may start using flickr as said above, and also create my own website which contains a blog in there

nickbrown_500 said:
I am just starting to look at different options like blogging, may start using flickr as said above, and also create my own website which contains a blog in there

Yes, I would definitely recommend starting to use Flickr. You'll get little views at first, but if you add your photos to appropriate groups, they'll get views and it'll become very rewarding - especially when you start getting favourites and comments. More rewarding than a blog, in my opinion.

As @Jarrrp was saying, Flickr is an amazing photographer's network & it can be used much like an online portfolio. You have a 'profile' where you can write a little about yourself, you can add contacts, follow others' photostreams & join groups. It's an amazing place to get feedback & you can actually link your blog{s} from there & get more readers from those who follow your work. Many photographers use this for creating blogs.

Back