Photography Competition - Round 14 - 'Abandoned.' (now CLOSED)

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Forbiddenbiker , as the winner of the last round has chosen 'Abandoned' as the subject for this round.

Rules and how to enter

Your entry should be reduced to no bigger than 800 pixels along its longest edge with a maximum file size of 160kb. This includes any borders that you may or may not want to add. The size restriction will help protect the images from being stolen/copied and also ensure that all pictures are viewed under the same restrictions.

Panoramics are allowed up to a max dimension of 1000pixels, the competition gallery will accept this size, admin discretion applies if we don’t think the image is a true panoramic!!

Post processing and “Photoshop” work can be applied but please do not put your name or forum alias on the picture anywhere, the whole of the voting system relies on members not knowing which entry belongs to which member.

All photos submitted should ideally be shot for the competition, the aim is to improve. Submitting old photographs is not going to help you do that. If you require critique on an older photograph just make a post in the member’s gallery on the forums and we will do our best to oblige.

All members who enter must vote, any member who chooses not to vote will have their entry disqualified.

Once you have your entry ready (only one per member and once submitted no changes will be allowed), send it via email to competition@talkphotography.co.uk and include your forum name. Any entries received that are too big, have names on the photo itself, do not have the members name included with the email, or that are received after the closing date will be rejected.

The closing date for the round will be Sunday 31st July, so it's a short sharp round this one, the reason being we're going to have a whole new format for the competition commencing on 1st August. Any entries not in by that date will be disallowed.

Good luck and have fun!:D

good choice, got a few for that!

Entered - will be interesting to see all the photo's and the way the votes go.

Will just get back from a short holiday in time to make my vote.

Just 11 days left to get your entries in for this one and only two entries received so far, so it's up for grabs - all the kudos and laurel leaves could be yours! :wave:

You dont think, the lack of entires is due to the title do you? when I first read it I thought you were saying you had cancelled round 14.

Or should I get my coat for being fik :)

LOL. Good point Lee. :D I don't think so though.

dont forget that the new competition format will begin for the next round, so this is your last chance to win on this format!

matty said:
dont forget that the new competition format will begin for the next round, so this is your last chance to win on this format!

New format?? Did I miss something? :thinking: Anwyays I will definitely try to get one in this round guys! Tis a good subject too.

Jewel

Know what i want but can't find it to get piccie yet.

jewel said:
New format?? Did I miss something? :thinking: Anwyays I will definitely try to get one in this round guys! Tis a good subject too.

Jewel

details coming very soon Jewel;)

DOH!! i read the title and thought you'd cancelled this one. I would have entered
1072.gif

brummie said:
DOH!! i read the title and thought you'd cancelled this one. I would have entered
1072.gif

You still have until Sun 30th. July - a week tomorrow, to get an entry in. ;)

I'll have to see what i can do but i'm very busy next week, only tomorrow off really :(

Still only two entries in for this one!!!!

Come on peeps - you can't let Forbiddenbiker pull off the hat trick.... he'll be insufferable. :LOL:

OK folks.... 8pm this evening (Sun) is the deadline to get those entries in.. so use it or lose it! :)

OK peeps, the shutters are down on this round, it is now closed, defunct, it has shuffled off this mortal coil.

Now if Gallery will just desist from serving me any low balls, I'll get the pics uploaded in a few minutes for voting. :cautious:

Had the same problem glo, at least 3 different shots I went through between I got to the last one which still isn't all that great!

I didn't get in until 21:20 :(

Marianne said:
surely this should still be open until midnight tonight??

Yeh I thought the same, as i've been having trouble all day to log on, so I went to see new superman film, not long got back in. found out all is now working and bang comp is now closed....:bang: :cautious: :razz: :crying:

ppp said:
But Comp has been open for weeks!

Maybe, but's it's only just gone yesterday by 6 minutes! It was July 30th for 24 hours..... I just lost 4 hours of it that's all! :razz:

ppp said:
But Comp has been open for weeks!

Yes I know that, but I only had chance to take something mid week, I did some tweeks to it sunday morning, but then couldn't load it up as I was having probs, when I got back in from cinema I did a final tweek and loaded it up, but then realised Mods had closed comp off.

My point is/was I thought comp ended on the stroke of midnight on the last day, Yes before anyone else says, I have been here long enough to know comp endings etc... but this is the first one I've entered. I just had a quick glance in the week at the rules and saw ends @ 12.00am on the last day, so I thought I'd be OK, I can't help being stupid that I read the new comp rules. (Climbs off soap box)

to be fair, this thread states the closing time as 8pm, and weve always ended at 8pm for the 13 rounds...

HOWEVER

we are not unreasonable...as marcel made me post the new rules that say midnight, we may well let them in on this occasion.....

Back