Photography considered graphics?

Edit My Images
Yes
In another fourm I go to we have a variety of different forums (dating, college, se.xuality, suggestions, graphics, etc) At the moment people are putting their photography in graphics because theres no where else to put it. But now the opportunity has arose to possibly making a photography forum on it's own. Now people are stating that photography IS graphics. I always thought that graphics is more siggy making, avatars, renders, brushes, etc, something which people put together to make an image.. where photography is taking picture of the world. To me it's completely different. But my question is do you think Photography is considered graphics or not?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, if it is then just move it to the appropriate forum.

There is a lot of crossover between the two, that's for sure. What is now possible in the digital darkroom is many times what could be done in a traditional darkroom. A lot of techniques have been borrowed from graphic design and graphic design uses a lot of images captured with.... yep photography.

Imaging is probably a better label than either photography or graphics. Both are a visual medium who lend attributes to each other.

I would say that you do have room to have 2 forums, 1 for each subject matter, but do agree with AliB that you do get a lot of cross over.

Sorry not much help

PhotoGRAPHY is graphics, clue's in the name ;)

Back