Midlands Photography Help

Name
Elmena Saunders
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

My name is Elmena Saunders.

I'm a newbie to the world of Photography, I'm 18, and I have a Nixon D5300.

I had started a Silver Arts Award Course in January 2016.

Honestly, what is the problem is that my project involves Relationships. I have to take and capture moments of relationships. I have really failed on this. The only pictures i've taken is with my mum and nan.

I am really stuck here, i'm not asking for help but more ideas and a step in the right direction- i've been five months project due and I would appreciate it if I had some direction and ideas of what to do, thanks.

What about the relationship of someone and their dog for example

Hi Elmena, enjoy the forum :welcome:

Relationships, try to think out of the box. A relationship is usually thought of as a man and women, or mother and child, father and son.

But what about relationships between say, a cat and dog, a man and his car, an archer and his bow. I'm just bouncing thoughts from my feeble brain here ;)

Hello and a very warm welcome to you Elmena.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Relationships can be an Artist with his brush/canvas, a petrol head with his car, or boudoir photography as sexual relationship.

Hi Emma, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

********WELCOME*******

from SW Scotland
-------------------------------------------------

let your mind wander as to what needs another
even a nut and bolt have a 'relationship' (albeit somewhat abstract....:)

Hi,

strumac, this is very good although I'm scared of dogs, Norkie hmm, but I want it to be more about people ( this is what my tutor advised). Though I can take more abstract pictures, but this is a really good idea thanks.

stryvya but this is the welcome forum and I wanted to introduce myself first.

everyone, thankyou very much.

& this is my first thread on this forum.

sbowler579, I didn't even know what boudoir photography was, so thankyou very much

Christenings, Engagements, Weddings, Funerals, Parties, Flowers at the Cemetery. Lovers walking on the Beach/Park, Mums pushing Buggies, etc

The list could be as endless as your mind will allow.:love:

Last edited:
Hi Elmena and a warm welcome to TP.
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)

Hello Everyone.

Just to let everyone on this thread know I have passed my Silver Arts Award.

Thank you for the recommendations. I really appricated them, I hope to be around more on this site soon and get more helpful tips. I am starting my Gold Arts Award which is based around two art forms and one of them for me is going to be photography.

Back