Photography Show Deals

Thought there were some good deals today.

A72 £899
Samyang 24 or 35 2.8 £209

WEX have a load of calumet roller bags reduced from £169 to
£115.
Who had the samyang 24mm at 209? Missed that on saturday, might be worth calling in again on my way past tomorrow

£179 I think (I only walked past so could be wrong). I have the first version and like it. Once they get it Bluetooth wireless connection I would think of upgrading.

They were £150 last year mate got one. Think the £179 online

£179 I think (I only walked past so could be wrong). I have the first version and like it. Once they get it Bluetooth wireless connection I would think of upgrading.

Yes, £179 down from £199 It's a new version, with more buttons and stuff, I think.

They said they'll not have Bluetooth because of latency problems. And charging issues - currently it is powered by the USB.

Yes, £179 down from £199 It's a new version, with more buttons and stuff, I think.

They said they'll not have Bluetooth because of latency problems. And charging issues - currently it is powered by the USB.
Yep, this is loupedeck+ versus loupedeck.

£199 is full retail, looking at Amazon.

Agree regarding Bluetooth... The product only really works if there is no latency for the end user, although I’m sure they could do it.

I’ve spent an hour or two on it so far in lightroom, and I’m really impressed so far.

X-T3 with grip 1049 as of today.... :)
Wow - who was that with? No chance I can get to the show unfortunately and wanting to buy a n X-T3. Might see if the ‘shop’ might honour the price on a phone sale.

Wow - who was that with? No chance I can get to the show unfortunately and wanting to buy a n X-T3. Might see if the ‘shop’ might honour the price on a phone sale.

I think it was all three of these eventually: LCE, wex and cameraworld.

Deals all over on Saturday, depended on what you wanted and what you call a good deal.
I bought a filter deal on Firescrest from Formatt-Hitech with £100 off, which I thought was both a deal and a great deal, let alone a good one.
Formatt-Hitech were very good and spent a good amount of time with me and my Mrs, highly recommend them.

I phoned LCE today about matching the show prices. No Joy :(
Something about it being show stock straight from Fujifilm.

I dropped into a LCE branch this afternoon - the staff are not even officially told the prices being charged at the show.

Ah, that's a pain! Thanks for sharing
Yes, I'm waiting for a decent deal on the X-T3. I don't want the grip...
I dropped into a LCE branch this afternoon - the staff are not even officially told the prices being charged at the show.
They did seem to know. I wonder why they aren't told. I suppose there is no need if they aren't able to price match.

There's a guy on the DPR forums claiming he got a "Panasonic G9 + 12-60 f2.8-f4 and 200mm leica with 1x4 tele and battery grip and spare battery for £2299" - if that's true it's a crazy bargain, as the 200mm Leica lens is about that price normally on it'own! He's claiming that he pretty much got a free G9 [over £1000 atm] with a 12-60 Pana-Leica lens [worth about £600] a TC and grip - another £600 or so ... for free!? Telling porkies? or did anyone else see anything like this deal at the show?

Last edited:
Proof of Receipt or Porky Pies me thinks......

There's a guy on the DPR forums claiming he got a "Panasonic G9 + 12-60 f2.8-f4 and 200mm leica with 1x4 tele and battery grip and spare battery for £2299" - if that's true it's a crazy bargain, as the 200mm Leica lens is about that price normally on it'own! He's claiming that he pretty much got a free G9 [over £1000 atm] with a 12-60 Pana-Leica lens [worth about £600] a TC and grip - another £600 or so ... for free!? Telling porkies? or did anyone else see anything like this deal at the show?

Not a chance are they be flying out

I might sell the one I bought on here last week, it’s only a couple of months old if interested. I’ve decided on a 17-35 lens instead.
Doh Picked one up yesterday, as a change of plans meant I was passing, with a lightning visit to grab the lens. Are you thinking of selling the 35mm as well. I might be keen on that. What 17-35 are you looking at?

Very slightly disappointed..

As I got to play with the canon R, and liked what I saw indeed, had a chat with the Canon guy about couple of things that I wasn't sure about, Fully explained, etc...

The deal was pretty good, on top of the show discount, also had double cash back £500. But alas, they've all sold out at show, so ordered through wex, but gain another disappointment, When I asked about delivery, they said that they could even give an estimate, due to not only had they sold out of the stock the took to the show, but also what they had in the warehouse ;( So I don't even know when it will arrive.... But I supposed I have to be relieved that they honour the show deals etc. Just pray that it's not going to take weeks...

But Hubby got his Nikon, settled on the D500, which he had a discount on, and I must admit, I couldn't believe how intruative it was.. Found my way around the camera with amazing ease... So one happy hubby who's now charging the battery, ready to play.

But really can't complain I . did look at the Sigma 24-70 2,8 Art lens, which was on my shopping list, if I changed my mind about the Canon R.... And hubby decided that I could have one...

But has said, go to sort out, what Lenses I do need (upgraded several in the last 12 months) and sell some :) .

Over all a good day out.

Saving £500, it’ll be work the wait.

The Camera was discounted to by £270, the £500 is double Cash back from canon, Total £750 off.. So well chuffed and yes it will be well worth the wait, just hoping that I don't have to wait too long though, The chap did say, that his experience of the past, it would at the very earliest be mid next week, but don't bank on it... So frustrating, as I go back to work at the beginning of April, So I hope it arrives while I still got a good chance of still playing with it.

The Camera was discounted to by £270, the £500 is double Cash back from canon, Total £750 off.. So well chuffed and yes it will be well worth the wait, just hoping that I don't have to wait too long though, The chap did say, that his experience of the past, it would at the very earliest be mid next week, but don't bank on it... So frustrating, as I go back to work at the beginning of April, So I hope it arrives while I still got a good chance of still playing with it.

What is the end figure?

Can we why they have sold out with that much of a discount

End Figure, will be once Cash back is claimed, will be £2499... So a bit of a bargain I'd say when the Starting price was £3269, so yes not surprising they sold out...

The chap said, that they hadn't anticipated such a large demand for them . if you wanted a PR you could get those, saw plenty of them still on the shelf.. Wonder why.

End Figure, will be once Cash back is claimed, will be £2499... So a bit of a bargain I'd say when the Starting price was £3269, so yes not surprising they sold out...

The chap said, that they hadn't anticipated such a large demand for them . if you wanted a PR you could get those, saw plenty of them still on the shelf.. Wonder why.

What lenses did that £2499 come with?

Doh Picked one up yesterday, as a change of plans meant I was passing, with a lightning visit to grab the lens. Are you thinking of selling the 35mm as well. I might be keen on that. What 17-35 are you looking at?

Quite possibly. I will decide once my new lens has arrived. Gone for the new Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 di osd Canon mount and will adapt with the mc-11.

Back