Photography show-is it worth taking your camera?

If you want to try out a maker's lens, then they should have cameras available - but possibly not the model you use if you need to test the balance. If you want to try out an independent maker's lens, and they have one in the correct fitting, then you might need to have a camera. Otherwise, to see what the quality is like, take a card - and remember that the lighting conditions etc. may differ from your norm.

As to carrying your own camera around - I've never done so over umpteen Focus visits, but did regret not doing so last year, when contemplating an attachment as having a possible use on my LF camera. Without camera or relevant physical measurements, I had no chance.

As to bargains - I've usually managed to buy things at a reasonable discount. I bought my RZ67 and shift lens at Focus years ago, but these days it's normally paper and chemicals - I have most of the hardware I need. Other items bought include things like a Billingham vest (I did carry a 5x4 DDS with me to make sure that I could fit a number in the pockets :)), mount cutter, loupe, light tent, scanners, printers etc.

Back