Photography tips for Rockingham

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all, was thinking of popping to Rockingham in a couple of weeks as I have never been. Has anyone got any advice as to taking photos as a spectator behind the fence. Always just assumed it would be a bit limited and only the main grandstand would be open. Could anyone shed some light as to if there is much access to the rest of the track? Thanks.

You have access to main grandstand on outside of track, and top of pit garages on the infield. Depending on the organisers you may be permitted on pit wall. Another photo op at Tarzan hairpin at the infield

Thanks Andrew, I may pay a visit as it's fairly close. Although the Thundersport series is up at Cadwell that weekend. Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, I think you are probably right, doesn't seem the greatest. Cheers for the advice both.

A bit late - but I enjoy Rockingham, provides some great and very different shots. You will need either a loooong lens or willingness to crop heavily (my budget limited option!).

Top of the garages is great, can get really good looking speed shots. The long views to the infield provide some good pack shots too.

The Turn 1 Grandstand is the best seat in the house, but rarely open except for the BTCC weekend.

Back