Photography website, recommendation for hosting!

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I'm struggling to find the best company to go with for website hosting. I have a WordPress website and I'm a wedding photographer with lots of images on there. Any suggestions.

Thanks

I used Go Daddy for a couple of years Weddings/Portraits/Proms etc- there customer service is amazing - good prices for hosting too

May I ask whats wrong with your present host???

Les :)

I used Go Daddy for a couple of years Weddings/Portraits/Proms etc- there customer service is amazing - good prices for hosting too

May I ask whats wrong with your present host???

Les :)

GoDaddy are incredibly slow though, which is now much more important than it was as loading speed of your site is becoming a ranking signal on Google.

You ideally want your site hosted in the same geographic location as your clients as well, so there's that to take into account

GoDaddy are incredibly slow though, which is now much more important than it was as loading speed of your site is becoming a ranking signal on Google.

You ideally want your site hosted in the same geographic location as your clients as well, so there's that to take into account

I agree- Andy, I did say I used them some time back :)

A few on here, me included, now use STABLEPOINT since TSO host became unreliable.

There is nothing wrong with the person doing the hosting now, I have been quoted £350 for a year hosting and backup/security. I was told by a few people that is a little expensive. I really don't know what to do.

To be fair I don't really understand it all, reading the info on different companys what is provided, speeds ect I don't really understand it all and which one is the best to use.

There is nothing wrong with the person doing the hosting now, I have been quoted £350 for a year hosting and backup/security. I was told by a few people that is a little expensive. I really don't know what to do.

To be fair I don't really understand it all, reading the info on different companys what is provided, speeds ect I don't really understand it all and which one is the best to use.

Is that just hosting? Or does it include them doing plugin updates etc for you?

ETA: If it's for both, then it's a fair price, definitely. If it's just the hosting, then it's not. You shouldn't be paying more than around £200 per year for even the very fastest hosting, and your site is pretty slow, if I click on a menu item there's a significant wait until it starts loading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

That's hosting, I go on my WordPress login and see if there are any updates that have come up. I do any change, adding images ect. I was thinking about changing my business name but my current person who hosts for me was quoting something like £600 for me to change my business name.

• Wow
Reactions: Sky
Hi

That's hosting, I go on my WordPress login and see if there are any updates that have come up. I do any change, adding images ect. I was thinking about changing my business name but my current person who hosts for me was quoting something like £600 for me to change my business name.

Well unless that includes a new logo design etc than that's very expensive, it's about 10 minutes work to change a domain name.

And that's far too expensive for hosting, especially when it's not fast.

Back